“4 Stars”
Review of Remi

Remi
Reserve with OpenTable
Remi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #324 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: B, E, C; N, R
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was outstanding! Service was somewhat slow even though it was a slow Sunday evening. I had the special which was Sea Bass and it melted in my mouth. I am so happy that I happen to find this outstanding restraurant on open table. The price is also very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Remi

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've passed by Remi many times and have heard the name often but this was my first dining experience there. I was not disappointed. First of all, it's a beautiful restaurant. It is very upscale. I have food allergies/sensitivities so unfortunately, I couldn't have most of the food. They do have gluten free pasta, so I was able to have that. I skipped having an appetizer because of my allergies but my date seemed to enjoy the bread. The bread came with a lovely looking sauce on the side and I really wish I could've tried it. I ordered gluten free penne arrabiata. The sauce was excellent. My date ordered lasagna and enjoyed it as well. I also enjoyed a couple of flirtinis...great drink. The service was very good. I would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I walk past this restaurant all the time when we are in NYC so this time we decided to stop in for dessert after the theater. The maitre d was very attentive and the restaurant was sparsely occupied when we arrived around 10:15, but the atmosphere was more than welcoming. Lest you be confused, Remi is not French, it is Italian with a decided Venetian orientation. We both had outstanding desserts, my husband the panna cotta and I had the totino which was most inviting. Unfortunately I have to report that the decaf coffee was among the worst I have had anywhere and I was hoping for something really great to go with the dessert. When I go back to Remi for a meal or a repeat of the dessert, next time I will order tea!
Apparently when the weather is much warmer, they have an outdoor dining area which looks worth checking out!

1  Thank baglady061
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Business took me to New York again this week, and inclement weather kept me near the hotel. It is never a worry to fit in a good business dinner, however, when there is an Italian restaurant as good as Remi located just a half block away!

I have been to Italy a number of times and enjoyed a lot of terrific food in various regional styles there, so I have a good frame of reference with which to measure an Italian restaurant here in the U.S.

The flavors and homemade pasta at Remi remind me more of a southern style of Italian food (say Positano) than a Venetian style. Everything is really fresh and "made to order". Some of my favorite dishes at Remi include La Classica Caprese, the Penne all'Arrabiata, the Bucatini all'Amatriciano, and the Ossobucco. You can also never go wrong with the specialities of the day, and the desserts are also a nice treat to round out your meal.

A few things have changed a bit between this visit and the prior times I have been to Remi: the quality of service has dropped off (but where isn't that the case?) and the decor could use some sprucing up.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

5 stars! This Italian restauarant was perfect. We went for lunch and could've easily gone back for dinner. Endless homemade pastas, wonderful table bread, and the cesar salad with shrimp was so tasteful. The shrimp were succuluent, lightly grilled and juicy.