“Top French 'haute' cuisine in New York City”
Review of La Grenouille

La Grenouille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grenouille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Fifth and Madison Avenues
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After many years of delightfully eating at this mecca of French cuisine, I want to suggest this as the 'must' place to dine while in Manhattan. The flavorful food, impeccable service, gorgeous surrounding are a constant draw here. The flowers are worthy of stellar museum presentation. It is the friendliness of the staff over the years that always brings us back. Highly recommended are the dover sole and chicken grand mere (you might have to ask for that). Soufflé are a must dessert.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had dined at La Grenouille 10 yeard ago and decided to return for dinner. Having dined at some of the best venus in the world, I understand service, attention to detail and genuine care. This venue has none of these. When we arrived I was asked if we wanted to be seated upstairs, I was surprised because we had a reservation for the main dining room. Then we were seated near a table by the service station. I asked to be moved and was advised that the banquettes were reserved. Well, we had a reservation as well. Our waiter was nice and tried but the attention to detail was lacking. No one asked if we cared to order wine with dinner. When we finally got the attention of someone and ordred it arrived halfway through our meal. For this price point I expected much more. The flower arangements are lovely and this is all I can state as a positive. The food was good but not gourmet in anyway. So many better options to dine in NYC if you are paying ths amount. Very disappointed that I wasted my limited time!

6  Thank Fatemeh L
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A colleague and I ducked in to the unassuming awning to get out of the rain and was greeted with a far classier and opulent dining setting then I expected. We were able to be seated and had a wonderful meal. More than we expected, but well worth it (price fix $104 pp as the base). Everything was just delicious, perfectly prepared and beautifully plated. The staff was incredibly attentive while managing to remain discreet and in the background. Overall an outstanding meal.

1  Thank S K
Reviewed March 21, 2014

You can come in here any time, as long as appropriate dressed in suit and tie, else one might expect a bit of a different experience, and have a meal of a lifetime. This is and has been on one of NY's finest restaurants for decades, and for good reason, it is straight-up and flawless. These folks could cook for me every night, forever! The service and atmosphere, all top notch. Flawless. Solid old school splendor.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spend the money - the service was impeccable, the food to die for, the wine list beyond outstanding, the ambiance perfect. Thanks to Lee the piano player who put the night over the top from great to perfect. Enjoyed a celebration dinner that I don't think can be topped. Thanks Roger and company for a truly amazing evening. We ate French staples - fois gras, rabbit, oxtails, I had the sole, (which was the best fish I have ever eaten, bar NONE) then we enjoyed delicious apple tartan and souffles. Cannot recommend this place enough. Just be aware that it is a pricey night.