“overpriced, bland food in a gorgeous setting”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Grenouille

La Grenouille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grenouille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Fifth and Madison Avenues
connecticut
“overpriced, bland food in a gorgeous setting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

my wife and i went for lunch. the setting was stunning- we were upstairs: grand flower arrangements in a multitiered high ceiling room, attentive and pleasant service. we each had the 2 course prix-fixe lunch, and shared a bottle of one of their cheaper wines. the food was edible but entirely unremarkable and very, very bland. with a bottle of wine and generous tip, $250. not at all worth it.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank jklugmn

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“Nothing compares”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have had the great pleasure of dining at Le Grenouille on several occasions.
Every single experience had been incredible, without exception.
The setting, the ambiance, the flowers, the food, the service; all lovely and first rate.
I just adore this place.
This is the last of the great classic New York dining experiences.
I could go on and on, as I am such a great admirer of this restaurant.
I have never encountered anything but polite, charming, friendly, professional first-class treatment here.
Just as I recommend everyone see Paris at least once before they die, I likewise recommend the same of Le Grenouille.

New York City, New York
“My second review: STILL the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Listen to a native New Yorker: there IS NO FINER PLACE to dine in NYC than La Grenouille. The ambiance is gorgeous, the service is extremely polished but not stuffy and the food is just delicious. I loved my chicken and the souffles are "non pareil". This is FINE DINING at it's very best. For a special occasion, there is no place I'd rather be than having dinner at La Grenouille.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ManhattanWilliam
Great Neck, New York
“Early Valentine's Dinner at La Grenouille”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I celebrated an early Valentine's day dinner at La Grenouille because we dined at this restaurant many years ago and wanted to try it out again. La Grenouille did not disappoint. We were served a starter of split pea soup, which was quite tasty, even before we ordered anything to eat - very impressive! There were several items we could not decide for our entree and the waiter was very helpful. I couldn't decide between the Frogs Legs Provencale or the Oxtail with Red Burgundy wine and celery foam. The waiter offered to make the Frog Legs Provencale my appetizer and then the Oxtail with Red Burgundy wine my entree. Magnifique! My husband ordered the foie gras terrine for appetizer and then the halibut for entree. The frog legs were fried and crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. The red wine sauce was not overpowering and the Oxtail was very savory and paired perfectly with the light celery foam. For dessert, I had the chocolate soufflé, which was sweet and light, and my husband had the passion fruit soufflé, which was also delicious with a citrus twist. All in all, it was a great experience and it was really nice discussing different ways of preparing oxtail with the waiter. The staff really made me and my husband feel welcome and very happy customers!

• Visited February 2013
Canton, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our first NYC restaurant visits........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

.......and always the gold standard that future restaurants are measured against. We had some of the more well known dinners while we were here and the service was impeccable.

• Visited March 2012