“Friendly staff, welcoming bar and good food”

Langan's Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Langan's Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #581 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: A,C,E,1,2,3 to 42nd Street
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had a group of five for lunch yesterday. Terrific "comfort food" place with a good selection and a reasonably priced wine list. Lots of interesting Broadway photos and posters as well. Had the meatloaf for lunch and was terrific. My guests also enjoyed the Shepard's Pie. Friendly bar as well at night..generally a business crowd. Good spot for good food and a casual experience. Just one item.. service was just a tad bit slow but not really an issue.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hi all on our recent trip to New York we went to langans for dinner on 2 nights of our 5 day trip even though we got caught up with Hurricane Sandy that we were delayed for a further 3 nights which we went to langans for a third night. Why 3 nights you ask??? The food, the staff,the value and of course a very nice place in deed. We took a booth very nice and comfortable.I had mussles for my starter woh 1 dozen plus fantasic. Main course Salmon was only to die for and there fries wonderfull. The staff are very welcoming,friendly. Now I would like to tell I am Irish but this was not my reason for going here 3 nights. They were open because the owners take care of there staff. They had a full staff each night but better still they love there jobs great to see. I love my food and Langans is a must on your visit to New York. ENJOY YUMMY YUMMY

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On our 1st evening in New York, we had no idea where we wanted to eat dinner. As we were walking up the street towards Times Square we came across this wonderful little Irish Bar. It is warm and cozy and very friendly. There were 10 of us and we were seated very quickly. The drinks were great and the food was fabulous! I am so glad we happened upon it. I will definitely visit again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were a party of nine, who had been let down by Alfredo's, on 30th October 2012, just after Hurricane Sandy had hit New York. The lovely irish lady brought us in, sat us down, with very little staff on duty, and we had a lovely meal.

1  Thank Frances W
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We got caught in Hurricane Sandy and when everything was shut, Langan's was open. We watched the storm develop, ate whilst the storm raged and repeated the experience the night after when the city was still in lock down. All around us were similar stories, in many languages and Langan's made us all welcome and ensured we were comfortably fed and watered. If for no other reason they deserve our thanks and praise.
The food however is good, particularly the Irish specials and the burgers. There are numerous beers on tap and despite the stress of the situation the staff are welcoming and friendly

1  Thank Simonrt37