“Enjoying a piece of Broadway history”
Review of Sardi's Restaurant

Sardi's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardi's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,232 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th and 8th
Transit: 42nd Street Station
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I will be honest, I wasn't there so much for the food but rather the history of sitting in a chair where someone famous may or may not have sat. Looking around the room enjoying all the drawings of famous stars and the people watching was a bonus. The attire ranged from very casual to some well dressed elderly woman reliving their heyday enjoying their food a many beverages. The décor was tired, the tables a little generic not quite what I expected being that the hype of "SARDI'S" , however, my scallops were beautifully prepared and the veggies were beautiful (I would have liked them more with they were stir fried rather than steamed) and the service was impeccable. Would I come back again? I think it was a one time experience considering the Big Apple has so much to offer. I would recommend that you do it once, after all this is a piece of history!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

So we needed a place to eat after the theater and this was suggested by several websites as an option for late night dining. I know there is a history behind the restaurant so I figured, why not, then I can say I have been there. Well, now I can say I have been there and I wouldn't go back. There were other places we could have gone and wished we had (The Eatery for example was our second choice and we should have gone). It was unbelievably over-priced and the food was so not good compared to so many places in NYC. Actually it was not good compared to any place. Sorry--fun looking around at the pictures and imaging what it used to be like back in the day but that is about it.

1  Thank kare17
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Despite its neverending fame, SARDI’S wasn’t at the high quality level I expected: the service was very professional and pleasant, but the seafood (although definitively good) wasn’t impressive for variety and quality (not more than average) as well; furthermore its presentation has large improvement margins.
The price is high (you know this before…), but maybe ‘too much’ high.
A lot disappointed, unfortunately…

Reviewed April 21, 2014

YES, you should go so that you can see all the celebrity drawings on the wall. You might even see one dining. The service is TOP notch. You have truly walked into a bygone era of old NYC. The food menu is overpriced and not so exciting. My food was good, but not great. I had the seafood salad and the calamari was dry and rubbery. My boyfriend had one of their crepes which was also good but nothing special. Perhaps we ordered wrong? Despite the food, I am glad I got to experience Sardi's!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The first time I ate at Sardi's was over 20 years ago. I had the chance recently to eat there with a group on a Friday evening before a show. The food was average and expensive! The dessert was great though! And if you want to spot stars, we saw Billy Porter that evening.