“NYC Institution”
Review of Sardi's Restaurant

Sardi's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardi's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #439 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th and 8th
Transit: 42nd Street Station
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Sardi's is one of those places that non-New Yorkers have heard about since they were kids, especially if you are a theater junkie. We came for Valentine's Day dinner and it did not disappoint. We each had the prix fixe and shared the different sides and desserts. My steak was over-done but I'm used to that when I leave the midwest. The old-school atmosphere and excellent service made up for it. We had a contest to see which of us could identify the most caricatures. It was a great experience and I would very much recommend it.

1  Thank Michele M

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I slept through the first Chicago because I had a drink before theatre so I'm always looking for good martini after theater and Sardi's serves up classic drink and food in an historic environment. Last night they also provided an excellently seasoned Caesar as well as a well made Beef Tartar. My partner opted for Sardi's Sautéed Shrimp with rice. People around us appeared to be enjoying salmon and chicken curry.
Sardi's is aware of it's historic status, the owner at one point escorting a group of girls and young women in to show them a caricature they asked to see. The waiters clearly belong to the category of experienced and seasoned professionals and are also able to speak of the restaurant's history. If you are going to the theater in New York Sardi's makes an excellent ending!

1  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and daughter had no problem deciding on what to eat. I couldn't make up my mind and the waiter offered a suggestion which ended up being the best thing I did. I started with a delicious salad with chunks of bleu cheese and walnuts, followed by a superb spinach cheese cannelloni. Although we all said we had no room for dessert, we took our waiters advice and shared the speciality of the house an unbelievable meringue strawberry pie that was to die for! Don't miss out on the chance for great service and food located in the heart of the theatre district!

2  Thank MaryBM53
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited Sardi's prior to seeing Les Mis. Myself and 3 friends opted for the Prix Fixe menu for $55 a head - 3 courses and coffee. Staff were friendly and attentive and willing to offer alternative accompaniments to meals offered on menu.

1  Thank syren1
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I visit NYC 2-3 times a year to "play". We always hit Broadway and our favorite, Sardi's. As always, our recent trip was great. Sardi's has great food, great location, and most of all, a wonderful wait staff. Always a super evening!

2  Thank Stuart S