“A nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sardi's Restaurant

Sardi's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardi's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #473 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 7th and 8th
Transit: 42nd Street Station
New York City, New York
“A nice experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Having been in the arts, I've heard about Sardi's for years. It was a must try my first time in New York. I arrived for lunch and was seated promptly. It wasn't busy. The staff was very sharp and really excellent. I had a salad and a cannelloni. It was good, but nothing special. I can't say the food was worth the visit. It was just great to be there, looking at the caracitures and seeing a bit of theatre history.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“CLASSIC”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have heard so much about Sardi's that I just had to eat there. Not so much for the food but for the name. It was great. I had a steak that was delicious. My son had the salmon which he enjoyed and my daughter had some chicken dish...I don't remember which one. The caricatures were fun to look at.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Sardi's”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

So fun to go to the famous Sardi's. Had heard of it forever, never dreaming we could get a reservation. The food and service were fabulous even though we were certainly not "famous". This really completed the "New York" experience!

• Visited July 2013
Vermont
“A must go, if you can get in!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ate here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The service was top notch, the food was excellent but the atmosphere is what makes this place a must see. It helps to tip at the door to get in sooner without a reservation.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good restaurant right before theater...”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

All the years I've lived in NY, this was my first time at Sardi's and I'm glad I did. The show stoppers are naturally all the artist pictures on the walls, it is a who's who everywhere. Very nice atmosphere, comfortable dining experience, as well as great table service. When my wife and I were there, it was right before going to a play. Busy place, but service was still very good. We had the pre-fixed dinner, which is an excellent choice right before the theater, not overly filling and at a good price. Appetizers were the spinach cannelloni au gratin and the fruitwood smoked salmon, very tasty starters. Main course was the jumbo lump crabcakes and the grilled 8oz. NY steak. Crabcakes full of lump crab meat and the steak, it's not Peter Luger's or Morton's, but ok. Dessert was the tiramiso cake and the bittersweet chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis (excellent). Coffee or tea is included in the price, it wasn't as expensive as many other restaurants in the area. Add a glass of champagne, which we did, plus the play, Trip to Bountiful and my wife birthday, WOW. I would recommend Sardi's to visiters, first timers and anyone who wants to experience the NY scene. Good restaurant, good service and within walking distance to any theater you want to go to.

• Visited August 2013