“An old favorite”
Review of Sardi's Restaurant

Sardi's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardi's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #444 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cross street: Between 7th and 8th
Transit: 42nd Street Station
“An old favorite”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" to this restaurant is that it needs sprucing up.
Been going in here off and on for 30years and I always enjoy it but it's time for new chairs
at the tables.....plus a little more. Don't get me wrong...this is truly a piece of New York
history and I love the vintage feel but it just needs some fixin' here and there.
I always find the food very good......service is wonderful and they still have a bathroom attendent.
(I like that.)

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
“Excellent food and friendly service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Walked in without a booking at a VERY busy (pre-theatre) time but was accommodated quickly. Staff were very friendly and super efficient. Ordered a chicken club for my son off main menu but our waiter suggested we take a smaller portion for him.... Still huge!! I had a bowl of scallop and mussle bisque which was absolutely delicious, both myself and my 12 yr d exclaimed 'oh my god' at the taste. Lovely big portions of char grilled pork chop(S) and half a salmon in a glaze. All delicious. My only minor grumble may be the speed of service between starter and main, a bit too quick but at theatre time they probably think efficient is required. Would go back... Even if only for the soup!!

1 Thank Specialkeh
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Great dinner before or after theater”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location makes it seem like part of the theater experience, but, of couse, it's good here all the time. When I was a little girl and many of the television shows originated out of New York, I would hear of Sardi's. What is so amazing is that the food, drinks, and service are still drawing people and deservedly so. This is an elegant, excellent restaurant. This is what a restaurant is supposed to be like. White linens, attentive wait-staff, excellent table service, killer drinks that are well made, and fabulous food at great prices. There's a reason this place has been in the theater district for over 90 years. Don't miss it.

• Visited March 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“loved it”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you've never dined at Sardi's, you should google Sardi's history to truly appreciate it's place in the NYC theater scene. We had a party of 6 and received great service. We weren't sure what to expect regarding the quality of the food, but we all thought the food was excellent. The caricatures are fun to see and the atmosphere was very lively and upbeat. They were very nice and accomodating to the children in our group. We were afraid it might be too "touristy", but it wasn't at all. We felt like we were stepping back in history - in a good way. The modern/trendy NYC restaurants are great too, but Sardi's is truly a classic. It was a great evening.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cdhl
New York City, New York
“Theatre District Antique”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Sardi's it seems has always been there. Great caricatures of the famous guests, and very good italain food. Nice little bar for a quick drink too. If you come to the theatre district stop here.

1 Thank Frank I