“You definitely get a good meal for the price.”
Review of Mont Blanc - CLOSED

Mont Blanc
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
Transit: Train: C, E to 50th Street/8th Ave - walk south two blocks. B, D, F to 47-50/Rockefeller Center/6th Ave. Bus: M6 to 7th Ave/53rd Street M10, M20, M27, M50, M104 to 50th Street/8th Ave.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Mont Blanc after a Broadway show. We were 30 minutes early for our reservation and were promptly seated. The food was very good, a mixture of European and American selections. Overall it was fine. We had fun laughs with the staff and customers.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We ate here before seeing The Book of Mormon. Perfect location! A couple of blocks from the theater. We had reservations, but they weren't needed. The restaurant was pretty empty on a Saturday at noon.

I can see how some say the service can be slow, but I thought it was very European in the sense that the waiters were all busy doing things and didn't hang over the tables.

We started with the herring and sour cream. It was a large plate with wonderful sides. The herring itself was delicious. We would definitely order this again.

My husband had the liver and onions, and they were perfect. Delicately cooked and pink inside. The only complaint was that it was a large serving that he couldn't finish.

My son and I had the raclette. It was just like we have it in Europe. They offered to bring out a second plate of cheese, but one plate was more than enough.

My other son had the ravioli. It was okay. Nothing special. One hint on the salads. Ask for the dressing on the side. There was too much on all of our salads.

The chocolate fondue, however, was special. Yum! The milk chocolate was wonderful. They sent out a second plate of fruit/cake because we had so much chocolate left.

This was a really fun restaurant. Certainly not gourmet dining, but worth repeating.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went as part of a "girls afternoon" before a Saturday matinee. Was quite wonderful. The restaurant is cozy, service is excellent, food and drinks exceptional. We got the four cheese fondue for three of us as well as a smoked salmon appetizer. It was delicious and more than we could eat. We got two rounds of the mandarin ginger cocktails - so awesome (also more than I could drink lol) We would have loved to have had the time for a leisurely afternoon eating, drinking, and catching up but had to run off for the show. Can't believe I didn't find this gem earlier but now that I know, I look forward to the next opportunity to go to Mont Blanc.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were looking for a nice restaurant for a pre-theater dinner. We booked a 5:30 table which gave us plenty of time to linger over dessert and still get to the theater half an hour early. We chose a table in the back room, which was cozy and charming. When you book, be aware that several of the tables are in the bar area which is noisier with televisions running -- still could be fun but not what we were looking for. Although November already, they were still offering their Oktoberfest menu. I started with a delicious butternut squash bisque. I followed this with the Sauerbraten. The meat was on the dry side, but still tasty, and served with a delicious spaetzle and red cabbage. For dessert we tried the chocolate fondue, which came with fruits (banana, pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries and grapes), marshmallows and angel cake. The chocolate was tasty enough, but cold to lukewarm -- which was disappointing as I think it would have been tastier with hotter chocolate. In all, we enjoyed the experience and would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a pleasant place in the theater district which offers a lot of traditional austrian-french dishes.
When we were there we all ordered from the Octoberfest menu, which had schnitzel and sauerbraten, both of which were just ok. The salads were excellent but could have used more dressing. Dessert was an average strudel but a very good chocolate fondue. Service was very good and professional. We will go there again to get some French food.