Tripadvisor

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No trip to New York is complete without spoiling yourself with one of its fine dining establishments. With a good list of 3-M star restaurants to chose from, deciding where to spend your money is key. I must say coming here during this New York trip was one of the best choices I made. I went with the 4 course tasting menu, trying a few exotic dishes that you might not see often. The best dish I tried was the cuddle fish and ink orzo, one of the testiest dishes I have ever had in fact. Everything was prepared wonderfully and was presented gracefully. Service was exceptional, as you would expect for a place of this caliber. When compared to other 3-M Star restaurants in NYC I think is going to be my fav.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,444)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our third visit to Le Bernardin. We make it our special meal whenever we visit NYC and we have never been disappointed. The staff are exceptional, the food is exceptional and the ambience is exceptional. Superlatives are redundant you must dine at Le Bernardin if you are able. The assistance we had with the wines was detailed and eventuates in a wine I may not other wise have chosen and thoroughly enjoyed. We will return.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Couldn’t choose any better. Fantastic food, service and ambience. Cannot wait to come back. My dad loved his food and his glass of wine. The kids also enjoyed the time there. We will be returning on our next trip to US.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2020

I very much enjoyed my meal. However, I expected this to far exceed my previous experiences and I can't say this was one of the best meal's of my life. The presentation and quality of the dishes was outstanding but at this price point, I expect to be astounded.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

My husband Took me to Le Bernardin for my birthday. We have been there for celebrations four or five times in the last few years, and considered it the best restaurant in NYC. What a disappointment.
The bread was cold and not very good. My main course was so salty, it was inedible,
so I sent it back. They explained it was the soy sauce.
They took my fish away, removed the remaining sauce on the piece of fish, and then returned it. It was just as salty without the sauce. Instead of giving me a new piece of fish, they gave me the same piece and it was cold and so salty it was almost inedible, but it was my birthday and I didn’t want to complain twice. The server was disdainful and dismissive when my husband asked to have his bread toasted. This is no longer a great restaurant. We will never return. Don’t waste your money!

1  Thank juliegarfield3