“Perfectly Executed”
Review of Le Bernardin

Le Bernardin
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bernardin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Beaverton, Oregon
“Perfectly Executed”
Reviewed September 4, 2014

I've had this place on the bucket list for a while and was finally able to cross it off the list. It was pretty much exactly as I had expected (and I was expecting a lot!).

Service - Top notch. Not once did we have to wave anyone down, nor did we feel rushed with the meal.

Food - I think it was pretty much the epitome of French fine dining. Very clean flavors, perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. Each dish had multiple levels of flavor but at the same time you could tell there was a certain level of restraint from going totally crazy with boldness (where it could be a love-hate kind of thing). You are going to get very consistent and perfectly executed food. The amuse bouche they give you at the beginning and the post-dessert bites at the end were a nice touch.

The ambiance was nice. It was actually a little darker than I had expected as I had seen photos of it after the remodel. I think everyone should go at least once. It is definitely worth a special trip. For me, I am not sure I will be back as I have many other things on my list to try (also I hate wearing jackets to dinner :) ).

1 Thank TennisJimmy

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nyc
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I first went to Le Bernadin when it was the new kid in town and absolutely loved everything about it. Several more trips convinced me that it was one of the best restaurants in the USA. I haven't been back in quite a while and I must say that I was a bit disappointed. The place is about double the size that it used to be and hence a bit less intimate but it is still beautiful.Waiters swarm everywhere and there a four (yes, 4!!) sommeliers which I thought was overkill. Put your fork down and by George they're there to pick it up!! The food was good but not as good as I remembered. Prices are ridiculous-$500 for two people including wine, tax and tip. I'm not sure that any meal is worth that but plenty of people don't seem to mind especially if you're on an expense account.

1 Thank maddie924
honolulu
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Eye-catching decorations, furniture and lighting helped in creating an outstanding dining experience. The food was incredible and innovative. Every menu item that came out excited the senses--sight, smell, and taste!!!! Would definitely return often because it was a memorable dining experience!!!

• Visited November 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Hommage to the House of Fish”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Before dining at Le Bernardin, we wondered if the restaurant could possibly live up to all the hype. I have to say everything exceeded our expectations. Often the dishes appeared deceptively simple, but had layers of flavor - all clean and harmoniously in balance. Service is flawless and seamlessly attentive. Le Bernardin’s well-trained staff seem to anticipate diners’ wishes before they realize them themselves.

Our prix-fixe dinner menu included: Chilled Beausoleil Oysters; Yellowfin Tuna, Foie Gras & Toasted Baguette; Ultra Rare Smoked Sea Trout with Braised Ramps; Sautéed Langoustine with Truffle and Chanterelle; Crispy Black Bass with Wood Ears & Water Chestnuts, Black Truffles; White Tuna-Kobe Beef; Sautéed Spanish Merluza.

The wine list at Le Bernardin is thoughtfully selected, with a vast number of choices, perfectly matching the elegant platings.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I visited Le Bernardin for dinner this past week. It was our third time back and we had the Le Bernardin tasting menu. Everything here is amazing--food, service, atmosphere. The tuna, scallop and striped bass were our favorites but everything was fantastic. This is the best meal that I've ever had and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves great fish. We look forward to our next trip to NYC and Le Bernardin.

• Visited September 2014