Le Bernardin
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My friend and I did the Le Bernardin Tasting menu with accompanying wines. The food was beautifully presented and the blend of tastes just wonderful. We were seated quite close to the front of the restaurant, and found the staff hovered far too much. The sommelier was very quiet and we found it very difficult to hear her descriptions of each wine. Overall, a once in a lifetime experience I would recommend because the food was the winner in the end :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,903)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

One of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at! The Dover Sole was phenomenal and if you can't get a reservation I suggest eating in the lounge where they serve the full menu.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my son's 50th birthday with a dining experience befitting the occasion. We were delighted with our food and wine and felt the service to be attentive, but not hovering. The decor is minimal and allows the food to shine. When I made the reservation, I was asked if we were marking a special event. When dessert was served, my son was presented with a candlelit treat. It was seamless and perfect.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Le Bernardin is absolutely magnificent. Be prepared to be delighted and wowed with the food, the wine and the service. The dining room is impeccable as well as the service. This is truly what a 3-star Michelin restaurant should feel like. It is not at all pretentious nor stuffy. That is, the service is impeccable. You are treated extremely well and all staff treats you as if you were in their home. The food is well-executed and delicious. The wine pairings are excellent. We were extremely lucky in that we saw Chef passing by and he was more than gracious in greeting us and inviting us into the kitchen. A true experience in every sense of the word.

1  Thank El Gaby M
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Love this place. I have dined here over the years and it just keeps refining it self and staying relevant.

1  Thank Seth M