“Perfection on a plate”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is the third time I have been lucky enough to eat here and it reconfirms my belief that this is the ultimate seafood restaurant in New York City, if not the United States. Everything is top notch from the service to the food. There is not one tiny complaint I could make if I tried. We had the four course tasting menu and because we were with a larger group we got to share and taste a lot of the offerings. I started with the oysters, which tasted like they were just plucked out of the ocean moments earlier, then moved on to the sea trout, which was delicate and delicious. I got to try the octopus which I loved and would order for myself the next time. The next course which followed was for me the skate, tender and moist with a very interesting broth and last but not least came the dessert. All were beautiful presented works of art and I couldn't decide which one was my favorite after tasting each one. This restaurant is truly a first class operation in every way. If you enjoy seafood there is no other place to enjoy it more.

1  Thank artgirl58

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went to dinner at Le Bernardin and it was by far the best meal in NYC! ALL the dishes were excellent and full of flavor without being overpowering. It is the touch of a Master Chef! The service was also great...we had about 5 or 6 wait staff besides the head waiter (we had a party of 5) and all of our needs were taken care of with grace and elegance. We got to the restaurant about 10 minutes before our reservation so they seated us in the lounge for a bit and brought these very addictive snacks...the honey covered walnuts had an unusual spice on it and I just could not stop eating them! Thank God they seated us shortly after that or else I think I would have eaten all of them!

1  Thank Jolene H
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I like to dine at le bernadin as its very close to carnegie hall. Their seafood is always fresh. Their raw fish is the freshest one can hope for. Service is sincerely and lovely without being pretentious.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

For everyone who has been to Le Bernardin, you will know what I'm writing about. For anyone who hasn't but loves food and wine, read on and book a reservation, soon!. From the minute you walk in the door, there is a sense of quiet, wonderful, perfection! Julio, Anthony, Ben and countless others (the young and wonderful Sommelier) make you feel welcome and at home. Not a bit pretentious, just nice. Every single presentation is art, beautiful on the eyes and nose and absolutely delicious. Starting with the "on the house" trio (the soup was beyond extraordinary). The oysters, each one slightly larger than the next and each perfect with the wine sauce or the cocktail sauce. The Tuna (Layers of Thinly Pounded Yellowfin Tuna, Foie Gras and Toasted Baguette, Chives and Extra Virgin Olive Oil), I can still taste it. Wow! And on and on, just wonderful. So then it's time for dessert. Le Bernardin used to have this absolutely spectacular one of a kind dessert "The Egg" (Pot de Crème, caramel, mouse, whatever). Not on the menu anymore. But I asked, and Julio said let me see what I can do. Ten minutes later, Oh Joy!!! Perfection! Beautiful, sublime, perfection! If I could do one thing in my life, it would be to spend a day in the kitchen with Eric Ripert and his team.

1  Thank jfarmeribm
Reviewed March 21, 2014

There was nothing we didn't like about it. My wife thought no big whoop the first time around, and then was like, wow - this is the best restaurant, ever!!! The first time around, I know I had skate of some sort, perhaps just plain with a butter sauce on the side and lemon. It was an incredible joke. My wife, she had, as always some combobulation of sorts, involving multiple kinds of seafood, etc. We also had amazing appetizers, oysters, smoked salmon, the likes of a tuna tartare and amazingly phenomenal desserts, and I don't eat dessert. This is the place that wins.

1  Thank Don C