“Fresh seafood”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I like to dine at le bernadin as its very close to carnegie hall. Their seafood is always fresh. Their raw fish is the freshest one can hope for. Service is sincerely and lovely without being pretentious.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,022)

Reviewed March 22, 2014

For everyone who has been to Le Bernardin, you will know what I'm writing about. For anyone who hasn't but loves food and wine, read on and book a reservation, soon!. From the minute you walk in the door, there is a sense of quiet, wonderful, perfection! Julio, Anthony, Ben and countless others (the young and wonderful Sommelier) make you feel welcome and at home. Not a bit pretentious, just nice. Every single presentation is art, beautiful on the eyes and nose and absolutely delicious. Starting with the "on the house" trio (the soup was beyond extraordinary). The oysters, each one slightly larger than the next and each perfect with the wine sauce or the cocktail sauce. The Tuna (Layers of Thinly Pounded Yellowfin Tuna, Foie Gras and Toasted Baguette, Chives and Extra Virgin Olive Oil), I can still taste it. Wow! And on and on, just wonderful. So then it's time for dessert. Le Bernardin used to have this absolutely spectacular one of a kind dessert "The Egg" (Pot de Crème, caramel, mouse, whatever). Not on the menu anymore. But I asked, and Julio said let me see what I can do. Ten minutes later, Oh Joy!!! Perfection! Beautiful, sublime, perfection! If I could do one thing in my life, it would be to spend a day in the kitchen with Eric Ripert and his team.

1  Thank jfarmeribm
Reviewed March 21, 2014

There was nothing we didn't like about it. My wife thought no big whoop the first time around, and then was like, wow - this is the best restaurant, ever!!! The first time around, I know I had skate of some sort, perhaps just plain with a butter sauce on the side and lemon. It was an incredible joke. My wife, she had, as always some combobulation of sorts, involving multiple kinds of seafood, etc. We also had amazing appetizers, oysters, smoked salmon, the likes of a tuna tartare and amazingly phenomenal desserts, and I don't eat dessert. This is the place that wins.

1  Thank Don C
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent. The service is wonderful, the food is great, the atmosphere is sofisticated. Reservation accepted and necessary.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wow. A truly epic meal. We had the chef's tasting menu and were simply blown away. Everyone of the 8 courses were stunning and attention to detail was meticulous. The matching wines were lovely (but there was no sake for one of the courses which was a minor disappointment).

The staff were generally good but the sommelier did on 2 separate occasions drops of water on my wife's bread. But this was made up by the gentleman serving our food who took time to explain the plain rather than just read what the menu said - this really enhanced the experience.

It was our anniversary so we got an extra dessert and the meal ended in style with a lovely black leather bound copy of the Zagat guide with Le Bernardin's review on the cover.

Cannot recommend enough! (And have a Brooklyn Bee cocktail, and get there early to try the bar snacks!)

2  Thank AshishSood