“One of the finest meals of my life.”
Review of Le Bernardin

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

There was nothing we didn't like about it. My wife thought no big whoop the first time around, and then was like, wow - this is the best restaurant, ever!!! The first time around, I know I had skate of some sort, perhaps just plain with a butter sauce on the side and lemon. It was an incredible joke. My wife, she had, as always some combobulation of sorts, involving multiple kinds of seafood, etc. We also had amazing appetizers, oysters, smoked salmon, the likes of a tuna tartare and amazingly phenomenal desserts, and I don't eat dessert. This is the place that wins.

1  Thank Don C
There are newer reviews for Le Bernardin

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent. The service is wonderful, the food is great, the atmosphere is sofisticated. Reservation accepted and necessary.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wow. A truly epic meal. We had the chef's tasting menu and were simply blown away. Everyone of the 8 courses were stunning and attention to detail was meticulous. The matching wines were lovely (but there was no sake for one of the courses which was a minor disappointment).

The staff were generally good but the sommelier did on 2 separate occasions drops of water on my wife's bread. But this was made up by the gentleman serving our food who took time to explain the plain rather than just read what the menu said - this really enhanced the experience.

It was our anniversary so we got an extra dessert and the meal ended in style with a lovely black leather bound copy of the Zagat guide with Le Bernardin's review on the cover.

Cannot recommend enough! (And have a Brooklyn Bee cocktail, and get there early to try the bar snacks!)

2  Thank AshishSood
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Early dinner in the Lounge, since I was dining solo and wanted to make a show. Same excellent prix fixe menu, same outstanding professional service with and added grace note of casual chat. It's worth every dollar. I live in a city with plenty of chef-owned "fit for foodies" restaurants, but Le Bernardin is in another rarified class.

2  Thank SeattleRoamer
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was very excited to dine here and the whole experience did not disappoint me at all! Food was sublime, the service was terrific and more personal than I was expecting.
I had the Hamachi and the Monk fish, both were phenomenal. My boyfriend opted for the Lobster main course and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We ate here at lunch time and the atmosphere was nice, if I was ever in the city again I would love to try the tasting menu in the evening.