“By far the best restaurant in NY”
Review of Le Bernardin

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very pleasant decor.
Super service. Ben, the Maître d, directs the staff with elegance and efficiency.
And what counts most is that the food is excellent and inventive,
A superb (and quite expensive) selection of wines

1  Thank Lapo A
There are newer reviews for Le Bernardin

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went to Le Bernardin for dinner on our first night in New York. We made the reservation a few months in advance and chose the restaurant based on the Michelin reviews as well at the World's Top 50 restaurants reviews.

On arrival to the restaurant, I was surprised by the restaurant layout, I am not sure what I expected, but I was disappointed with the ambience. I also felt a bit uncomfortable as we entered as we were asked a couple of times if we were sure we had a reservation. We were dressed smart casual and my partner in a suit, but maybe we didn't look 'rich' enough to dine here. Once we were seated the waiters and waitresses were very friendly, but compared to other fine dining establishments I felt it lacked a personal touch. I also noticed how other tables were getting a different kind of service from the staff, we seemed to have been placed into the corner.

Once the food arrived it was lovely, it was my first time having a full seafood dinner especially cooked in varying ways. The quality was sublime and we couldn't fault any of the courses. If you are a true seafood fan, then this is the place for you.

Although the food was lovely, the service was a major let down for us. We weren't made to feel like a valued guest at the restaurant. Very different from similar establishments we have visited.

1  Thank RissG
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Yes! A really enjoyable meal from start to finish and with a very professional and high standards of service, well deserving of all their accolades and awards!

1  Thank TheEmpireStrikesBack
Reviewed January 10, 2014

When visiting New York we always have a lunch at Le Bernardin.This was our 7th visit.Simply the best seafood there is.Always innovative.on this visit I had a Surf and turf.Not your usual but a pairing of bone marrow and sea urchin.they were perfect partners.I really enjoyed this dish.So for a special occasion or if you just like seafood with flair this is highly recommended.

1  Thank drron
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Really hard to describe how good the food is here. They do amazing things with seafood and the tastes really come alive.

Overall the service was excellent with scores of people scurrying about at all times.

Can't say that it was completely worth the trip as it is very expensive. For us, a once in a lifetime treat.