“An excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bernardin

Le Bernardin
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bernardin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
North Carolina
“An excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Le Bernardin is about a dining experience in my opinion they deliver it well. Interesting food done well. We went before a Broadway show and the wait staff paid special attention to make sure we got to enjoy our meal and did not feel rushed. Everything I had on the tasting menu was delicious.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
“Hectic atmosphere & mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

After a week of restaurant hopping in New York, here is our take on Le Bernardin. Hectic atmosphere doesn't have a feel of a fine establishment. Friendly, but tired staff. Definitely time to change the décor or remodel. Food is mediocre. On a scale of 1-5 Le Bernardin gets a 2.
The night before we had dinner at Daniel (5+). Then dinner at Le Bernardin felt like visiting a poor cousin. But, I would not worry about Le Bernardin because it has achieved celebrity status, thanks to some travel shows. It has a long line of people waiting to be duped.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank Sonny G
Stirling, New Jersey, United States
“Almost amazing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I went to Le Bernardin for my anniversary. We ordered the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. The food was delicious but there were only a few memorable dishes. If I had done this review in January, I would've given it five stars.

I recently came back from Shanghai and Tokyo and unfortunately, the restaurants in those cities had Le Bernardin beat. I wish I could give five stars but it just does not compare to the restaurants I went to. But, if you a looking for a place to dine for a nice evening or special occasion, I would recommend Le Bernardin.

• Visited January 2013
Florianopolis, SC
“So disappointing for a 3 michelin star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very nice place, helpful staff. I went there with my wife and we ordered the Le Bernardin tasting menu. The food was just ok. To be honest the first three courses were great (Tuna layers, Scallop on butter and Lobster lasagna). The last two courses - that should be the best ones - (salmon and stripped bass) were so disappointing. When I go to a 3 michelin star restaurant I always expect the best. And I think paying 155 dollars per person to eat seabass with rice is not fair. Actually I have been to 1 and 2 stars restaurants better than this. I would not recommend this restaurant or at least would not recommend the "le bernardin tasting menu".

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Daniel-FLN-BR
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Every time I go here it is amazing! Everything about this restaurant is perfect. The best scallops I have ever had.

• Visited October 2013