“Best Culinary Experience Ever”
Review of Le Bernardin

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
London, United Kingdom
“Best Culinary Experience Ever”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending my birthday in this beautiful restaurant. Everything from start to finish was memorable. From water serving, bread choosing, cutlery changing, wine tasting and meal placing, the staff were impeccable. The food was out of this world, octopus for starters and monkfish for mains. As a couple with difficult allergies- eggs,nuts, lactose, we were catered for as if this was a non-issue. As a birthday treat, I was given two sorbets and a candle and chocolate embossed plate. The ultimate dining experience- you have to go.

1 Thank Eire_NiMhurchu

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visited Le Bernardin in June'13 for a 10pm dinner after a play. Beautiful, tasteful décor. Fantastic food -- we enjoyed every course. Started with the Amuse Bouche of tuna, crab, and sea urchin (sea urchin was the only item my wife wasn't wild about) was tasty and charmingly presented. First course of artichokes (wife) and tuna & fois gras (mine) were both beautiful and delicious. 2nd course of 'Crabouillabaisse" (wife) was fantastic, just slightly better than my langoustines. Main dish of lobster (wife) and black bass (mine) were so good -- couldn't choose which we preferred! Nice finish with ice creams and 'coffee' desserts. Outstanding service throughout -- attentive and friendly without hovering. The Petit Fours were wonderful, though my wife didn't like the last one she tasted. A server heard that and brought out extras of her favorite one! With a bottle of white wine (and an extra glass), dinner came in under $400. Overall A wonderful treat.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank RicoLSTL
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The best meal ever!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I revisited this restaurant recently, having last eaten there in 2002 or so. The previous experience was great, but this recent experience was out of this world. First of all, the old decor was rather bland and uninspiring. Since recent the million dollar makeover, the place is beautiful and stimulating. But on to the food--fantastic! We did the four course dinner, which allows you to pick any three from the raw, partially cooked and cooked pages, plus dessert. I had the striped sea bass tartar from the raw (great), the lobster lasagna from the partially cooked (this was the best dish I have ever eaten, with delicate homemade pasta sheets on top and bottom), and lamb medallions from the cooked page. Again, the best lamb I have ever eaten. My wife and the other couple with us agreed. Being a French restaurant, the sauces spooned around each course were delicious. The service was super attentive, and Katja the sommelier was great. She paid attention to the table the entire night, in addition to numerous wait staff. I can't imagine better food or dining experience than this, and this restaurant alone is enough to make we want to go back to New York.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kent T
Toronto, Canada
“A true culinary experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This gastronomical experience left us wanting more as we dined on fresh oysters, celery root purée soup with bits of lobster and for the entree we enjoyed a baked striped bass with bouillabaisse sauce. It didn't end there as we ordered mascarpone mousse for dessert. We chose our meal from the city harvest menu and ate at the lounge where reservations are not required. Attention to detail was not lost on Eric Ripert, whose wait staff were consummate professionals. I would return to this restaurant for it's great tasting food, the manner in which it is presented and a level of service I have yet to see in other dining establishments.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bababaya
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Must love seafood”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband would give it a 5, me a 4.5. Excellent service and food. I am not too fond of raw seafood, hence the 4.5
Earliest reservation we could get for a Friday night was at 10:30 pm. Cute waiter with cute French accent another plus.

Visited October 2013