“Another Amazing Meal”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

while always ranked as a top restaurant, there is a big difference going for lunch vs. dinner. the service, while always impeccable and formal, is a little more relaxed and approachable at lunch. The waiters were really personable and gave great descriptions of eveyr question we had. Everything looked beautiful. We wanted to take a picture of everything we ate! Tuna carpaccio was perfection. Lobster "Goulash" with a broth of lightly smoked paprika was heaven. Chocolate desserts will put you in a good sugar coma. You can't beat this restaurant for a memorable meal.

2  Thank lsfcmh
Write a ReviewReviews (2,909)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been to some Michelin 3 stars restuarants before and the service in this one was the worst. We ordered the tasting menu.....Food is ok but a bit salty..... We went to Aureole the next night, service was much better and food is same level as Le Bernardin i.e. nice and fresh but a bit salty.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Eric Ripert made my lunch! Ok, at least he oversaw it. OK, so first I must say that I appreciate a celebrity chef still manning the helm of his flagship restaurant. Second, the service was truly excellent. Third, the food was very thoughtful and refined with excellent flavor profiles. That said, I did find myself missing some kind of "POW!" I did think my exotic fruit dessert had the "POW" I was craving previously in my crab soup course (which smelled amazing but did not translate 100% to flavor) and monkfish course. Regardless of my plebeian palate that wanted slightly more caveman in-your-face flavors, the overall experience and lunch was excellent.

2  Thank HollidayVacations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything about this dining experience was fantastic. The surroundings, the service, the bread, oh the bread, the menu, the food courses, the wine... Peekytoe Crab salad was to die for... The dover sole was absolutely the most amazing fish I have ever eaten, light, delicate and sensational. The golden basmati rice with gold leaf paper was the least favorite of the offerings but still very good. The Lobster was moist, tender & delicious. The desserts were outstanding. Total recommendation for one of the best meals you will have in life..

3  Thank freshpeetza2
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Its not cheap, but its well worth the cost if you are into food. Amazing food and the service was truly fantastic. A must do atleast once in ones life

2  Thank Timberpig