“Unforgettable”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Everything we expected ... excellence with few matches in the world. I admire Chef Eric ripert - an inspirational person. Beautiful fine China and attention to details. Crab starter, scallop starter, Dover sole entree with almonds and tarragon brown butter, subtle light flavoured halibut with truffle butter. Lunch prices are more accessible.

2  Thank jessellessica
Write a ReviewReviews (2,904)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Used to go every month back in the day. stopped by again for lunch and it felt like old times! if you go, think only seafood and you won't be sorry.

2  Thank JohnLiu212
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Walked in and was sitted at the lounge. The food was well prepared but was simply not very tasty. It wasnt bad but simply did not do anything to excite the taste buds with the exception of a wonderful variation on black forest dessert which was dreamy. Still I expected more from a 3 star Michelin restaurant.

2  Thank Achi_H
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is by far my favourite restaurant in NYC. My lobster lasagne was out of this world and so was my tuna-foie gras starter. The place was packed on tuesday night and everyone seemed to be having the time of their life.
Second time there and can't wait to go back!

3  Thank galexis505
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Funny story: Had a late reservation at Le Bernardin (10PM) and was kept waiting. Very nice, they sent over glasses of champagne for our wait. Finally seated and we have a very good server, but he as tired and not happy that he had this time a table at 10:30 which was apparent by his tone and body language. We ordered and my wife's Monk Fish was way overcooked to the point of rubbery. We sent it back with no fanfare or resistant from the server. They did not take my dish away so now I am eating alone and finished by the time my wife's fish is returned which in a restaurant like Le Bernardin is a major faux pau. In as much that we shouldn't have eaten there in the first place as it was way out of our budget, I decided to write a letter describing my ordeal. Shortly there after I did receive a response from Eric Ripert himself, profoundly apologizing for the experience and offered us a reservation at prime time (in as much as I couldn't afford the first visit, I would have to save a couple of years to return. Acknowledging all of my complaints he drew the line at the complaint on the Fish: WE COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE MIS-COOKED YOUR MONK FISH! Only the FRENCH!

3  Thank doansteel