“Very satisfied!”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: B, D, E, F, N, Q, R & V, W, 1, 2, 3, subway trains
Description: Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service. *When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went for our family vacation meal and we weren't disappointed! Marvellous experience overall. Staff very friendly, we were made to feel at home. Food was exquisite, wine well-recommended and affordable. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,940)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I don't say that lightly as I have had some wonderful meals prepared by chefs all over the world. Le Bernardin exceeded all of my expectations. Service was first class, food was first class, drinks were first class, etc.....We had the chefs tasting with the wine pairing and it was amazing. From the first dish to the last you will be transformed into a dinning experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Having not been to NYC for a while, we decided to dine at one of NYC's quintessential dining destinations. We chose Le Bernardin. Upon arrival for an early dinner seating, we were seated at a table near a busy service area. Naturally, there were many available, more desirable tables so of course we requested a table change which was honored. I don't know how busy they expected to be that evening, but it was apparent that we being given the rush job--very offensive at any fine dining destination--as we were immediately asked what we would like to order for dinner after the usual pleasantries. And, we were served our first course when we were still enjoying our cocktails. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings. The first 2/3 of the courses were good to excellent as you might imagine-- the food was fresh and flavorful with interesting textures and was well presented. Then it got a little bizarre. The Arctic char was tasty enough but very sloppily presented. The monkfish was so over-salted it really was inedible. The delicate Dover sole has this bizarre sauce that reminded me of a caramel apple. The wine pairing did not pair equivalent quality wines given the supposed quality of the food and I thought that the pairings were way off. The service did improve and was good enough but not the caliber required for a restaurant of this type. Of course this restaurant is pricey, and I don't mind paying for extraordinary dining experiences, but I can't help but feeling a little "had" this visit. I think Mr. Rippert would be embarrassed by this showing. Alas, maybe this restaurant is just getting tired.

1  Thank NikkoHenderson_NV
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I wanted to go out for a nice dinner and was recommened Le Bernadin.. It is a nice atmosphere, with great service and the food was excellent! It did seem a little intimidating at first but our waiter John made us feel right at home, and his reccomendations were just what i was looking for!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I got the tasting menu with wine pairing. The best part of the meal, besides the crazy good service was the wine pairing. It's spendy, but you only live once. The food was great, the service was bordering on ridiculous. I asked my friend in a quiet conversational voice if I could borrow his reading glasses to look at the menu and thirty seconds later a giant box with a selection of 50 different reading glasses was sitting in front of me. The whole night went like that.