“Fantastic Restaurant, Great Family Reunion”
Review of ViceVersa

ViceVersa
Reserve with OpenTable
ViceVersa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #746 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street.
Brielle, New Jersey
“Fantastic Restaurant, Great Family Reunion”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We met our cousins for dinner at this restaurant two weeks ago. It is their favorite place in the city, and they wanted to share it with us. We are so thankful that they shared, as it was a wonderful experience, both for the food, drinks, atmosphere and finally getting together after a long hiatus. We all enjoyed our meals (there were 6 of us). We also enjoyed the drinks at the bar, and at the table-the bartender is very creative! I had the casconcelli, and my husband had the spinach garganelli. We absolutely adored our meals. Desserts were terrific too, and the owners sent extra desserts and after dinner drinks to us. Needless to say, we closed the place down, and had the best time we've had in years.
Highly recommended for a special occasion, or any occasion--this place will make it special!

New York, NY
“Best Italian in Theatre District”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is literally one of our favorite restaurants in NYC; we eat here as much as every other week, certainly once a month. A gorgeous setting, simple and stylish and beautifully lit. A great staff, warm and friendly without being silly or obtrusive. And the food! Modern updated Northern Italian, with fresh ingredients and handsome preparations.

Everything is terrific, especially thew casconcelli - a ravioli with Tuscan butter-and-sage sauce, but with a crunchy surprise of crushed amaretto cookie inside the dough. The roasted cornish hen is perfectly cooked, crispy and still tender. Great desserts, too, and a wide but well-priced wine list.

Champaign
“Noisy”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Located in the Theatre District, this is the kind of high-quality mid-sized restaurant New York is famous for. My sweetheart and I met friends for dinner here and three if us liked our choices; the fourth thought his salmon was nothing special. We had considerable trouble conversing due to the noise level which prevented us from enjoying the evening as much as we could have. We could lean into each other to hear, but that led to brief one-on-one chats rather a conversational table.

1 Thank Reliabill
Costa Rica
“good food and service”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

the food and service are great!! just a bit noisy but if you don´t mind that I highly recommend it. order steak you won´t be disappointed and for dessert their creme brulee. also their wine selection is very decent

Visited March 2013
Long Island,New York
“Nice Pre-Theatre Meal”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family had dinner here before catching a Broadway show. The restaurant was attractive and peaceful for the Theatre district. The tables were not too close together so it was easy to carry on a conversation. The service was attentive but not obtrusive. My daughters ordered the pumpkin ravioli and raved about it. My husband had a pasta dish with sausage which I sampled and it was delicious. I had fish which was cooked just right, very moist and nicely seasoned. We shared Tiramisu for dessert and everyone enjoyed it. I would like to come back in the spring and eat in the outside courtyard. This restaurant is not inexpensive but I felt like I got what I paid for.

• Visited February 2013