“My favorite restaurnt in NYC”
Review of ViceVersa

ViceVersa
Reserve with OpenTable
ViceVersa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #742 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street.
Palm Springs, California
“My favorite restaurnt in NYC”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been savoring the ambience and delicious food at Vice Versa since the day they opened about 12 years ago. In my novel Deadly Games (by Thom Racina), I set a scene in the dining room and kitchen, and the guys at VV even gave it away at their anniversary parties for a couple of years when it was still in print. It was an honor, for they make me feel like an honored guest every time I walk in. Stefano's food (he's the magnificent chef) is Italian with deft regional touches, and their fixed price menu is one of the best deals in NYC. From the moment Franco greets you at the door, through the great cocktails at the bar, and then a dinner to remember, you are in good hands, loving hands really, and all's right with the world (even when the weather outside is crappy!). You will adore this place.

• Visited December 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Italian food with a twist.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A cosy stylish Italian restaurant. Very nice atmosphere and clientele.
From start to finish we had a delicious dinner at reasonable price.
Good service: waiters were polite and attentive.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank The_Roosters
Gosford, Australia
“First Class at a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

A rather formal but most attractive basement atmosphere which has superb subtle lighting. All waiters were very polite and attentive. They have a cloak room which was very appropriate as it was raining the night we dined there. There is a separate bar to have a drink before dinner, which is especially good when waiting to meet someone.
Our meals were delicious but as the portions in NY tend to be huge, we ordered a half size pasta each. My friend's was considerably larger than mine; I counted five pieces of ravioli on the plate. Dessert was filling, though, so I was satisfied and ready to attend theatre nearby on time. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who enjoys great service and delicious pasta.

1 Thank sandramaybarker
Houston, Texas
“ViceVersa is My Favorite NYC Restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Every visit to NYC includes eating at ViceVersa. You can order small plates of different dishes on the menu to try more things. I always order casconcelli as my appetizer. It is very rich but absolutely delicious. It is a perfect place of a special occasion or business dinner. Enjoy!

Visited April 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Northern Italian with a Modern Twist”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in NYC for a medical appointment and decided to have the fixed price two course lunch at Vice Versa. We arrived twenty minutes before they opened, but the person who turned out to be our server opened the door for us and invited us in from the cold. We had a chance to look around and enjoy the decor which combined a fall theme with modernistic furniture and Egyptian inspired vases from the Grecco-Roman era gracing niches in the wall. Somehow, this all worked quite well. Once they were all set up, we were shown a very nice table. The service was efficient and professional, and the food was outstanding. We each had the eggplant canolli for the prima piatti which was stuffed with a creamy ricotta and served over diced zucchini, carrots and peppers. Superb! Michele next had the pumpkin ravioli, I had the casoncelli - ravioli with veal, raisins, pancetta and basil. Again, these dishes were expertly prepared and presented, and, as Michele so aptly put - "mouth heaven." If you are looking for a different dining experience in midtown, with reasonable prices, great service and terrific food, Vice Versa should be high on your list.

• Visited October 2012