“nice quite dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8 th & 9 th Aves.
Transit: A,C,E,F,B,D,1,9
Description: Welcome to Da Rosina! Da Rosina, well established since 1993, is the premier Italian restaurant ideally located in the heart of the Theatre District. On Restaurant Row, Da Rosina is minutes from Times Square, the Lincoln Tunnel, and all major hotels. The room is invitingly decorated with a lovely mural and Roman columns. Tables are comfortably spaced allowing the waiters to serve you exquisite Italian fare at very moderate prices. Da Rosina is a theatre lover's dream. Because of the proximity to all the major theaters and our ability to prepare delicious Italian cuisine promptly before curtain time, Da Rosina is perfect for dining before attending the theater. Of course, if you prefer a more leisurely meal, please make your reservation during showtime or join us after the theater!
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat on Restaurant Row. This place was not crowed so we were a litle worried about it. But the food was very good. I had the sole and it was perfect. The melon prosciutto salad was great I would not have thought of that combination but tried it because I like both and it was very good. The service was a little slow for only being half full but they were very nice and tried to please you.

1  Thank TomOrlandoFL
There are newer reviews for Da Rosina

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place was okay. The service was pretty good but the food was just average. The food seemed to be on the cool side instead of being served hot. There was a table of people next to us that were extremely loud and rude for an environment like that, but the workers just let them be. They were clearly drinking for a long time and so loud, you would think the manager would step in and ask them politely to mind the other patrons. Never happened. Overall, I might give this place another shot, but definitely not my go-to place

1  Thank HistoryDude14
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is such a hidden gem in NYC! They offer a pre-fix menu for $30.00. You choose any appetizer, salad or soup off the menu, any entree, and any dessert. Most pre-fix menus give you a portion of the menu to make your selections from.
I have always had their fired zucchini for appetizer, which is wonderful. My husband had Caesar salad
Their gnocchi in pink sauce is fantastic. Which isn't directly on the menu, but they gladly accommodated for me. The gnocchi melts in your mouth. My husband had the sirloin, which was also delicious.

For dessert we both had the chocolate mousse. It is a generous bowl of creamy mousse with tiny bits of chocolate. With a cup of coffee, this is heaven on earth.

The service was fine...yes, there are multiple people waiting on you, which makes things a bit confusing, but being such a small restaurant, there is always someone walking by who is willing to help with your request.

1  Thank LWells86
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I came here with my mom before a play on a Tuesday evening. The food was delicious, and the staff very accommodating: they even let me order something that wasn't on the menu without a problem. The atmosphere was very nice too.

1  Thank JILL G
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a meal in the restaurant on 30th December 2012 with my family. On leaving the restaurant my son remembered he had left his mobile iphone 5 on the table, he went back into collect it (approx 2 mins ) We were told it was not there. On phoning the mobile it was switched off. On speaking to the manager he was rude. We asked to see the cctv but he always had an excuse. We went back a few times but again the manager was rude to us. I would advise anyone who reads this review to think again before going in as one of the staff is a THIEF..

2  Thank Biggiffo