“Great food, TERRIBLE service!”
Review of Da Rosina - CLOSED

Da Rosina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8 th & 9 th Aves.
Transit: A,C,E,F,B,D,1,9
Description: Welcome to Da Rosina! Da Rosina, well established since 1993, is the premier Italian restaurant ideally located in the heart of the Theatre District. On Restaurant Row, Da Rosina is minutes from Times Square, the Lincoln Tunnel, and all major hotels. The room is invitingly decorated with a lovely mural and Roman columns. Tables are comfortably spaced allowing the waiters to serve you exquisite Italian fare at very moderate prices. Da Rosina is a theatre lover's dream. Because of the proximity to all the major theaters and our ability to prepare delicious Italian cuisine promptly before curtain time, Da Rosina is perfect for dining before attending the theater. Of course, if you prefer a more leisurely meal, please make your reservation during showtime or join us after the theater!
Erlangen, Germany
“Great food, TERRIBLE service!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My fiance and I came to eat here just before he proposed to me on Christmas night in 2012.

There is both indoor and outdoor seating, although the latter is limited. The inside of the restaurant is "average" and nothing to get excited about.

I ordered the Vongole all' Origano (littleneck clams baked with herbs & bread crumbs) for an appetizer, the Pesce Persico con Pomodori (striped bass sautéed in a light tomato sauce, basil & garlic) for my dinner and the Torta di Formaggio (cheese cake made with ricotta cheese) for dessert. I ordered these from the "prix-fixe" menu for $30. It was a good deal, as the meal costs $8.50, $19.75, and $6.95, respectively, as you're saving $5.20. My fiance ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, although it is not on the menu.

All of the food is light and delicious. The baked clams were tender and tasted wonderfully, although very small. The striped bass was cooked to perfection. The sauce was absolutely amazing. It was made from scratch with fresh tomatoes. This dish also came with plump, juicy shrimp. The cheese cake was made with real ricotta cheese and drizzled in a strawberry or raspberry sauce with fresh fruit on the side. The Alfredo sauce was amazing! It was creamy, and the shrimp were incredibly large.

The waiter got our drink orders wrong multiple times. We also had about three or so attendants waiting on us because we could not find our waiter. Therefore, whenever we needed something, we just had to grab the waiter walking by at the time.

Overall, the food was delicious and worth the wait. If you are looking for great, authentic Italian, I would highly recommend this place. Although the amount of food will probably not fill your stomach, it is wonderful, nonetheless. However, if you believe in customer service, this is not the place for you.

1 Thank Sneak_Peeks

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Run the other way!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were in the city and thought if we got Italian everyone would find something good to eat. What we found was a restaurant with tape sealing a crack in the wall ( and it wasn't even duct tape), food that looked like it was microwaved and staff that was beyond bad. I had to ask three different waiters for my drink and had water spilled on me. My poor cousin had to argue with the staff when they tried to give her the wrong order four times. Do yourself a favor and no matter how hungry you are, if you see this place- keep walking!

1 Thank Laura Z
Rhinebeck, New York
“Near Theaters + good food + good price + friendly service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoy going to Da Rosina. I parfticularly like their salaon and my wife really enjoys the "chicken Da Rosina". The price-fix menu includes everything on the menu - appetizer, entree and desert plus a cup of coffee. The service is friendly and efficient. If going to a play they can get you to-the show-on-time.
We have been going here for several years and highly recommend it.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a delicious lunch at Da Rosina's. We had the price-fixe lunch- which was any salad, entree and dessert with coffee or tea on the lunch menu($22 per person). There were many choices. The food was very fresh and delicious. I had the salmon in a mustard sauce with mixed vegetables. The serving size was generous and nicely presented. My husband had the chicken marsala - also very tasty. For dessert I had the Italian cheesecake and my husband ordered chocolate moose. Both desserts were delicious. The service was very good as well.

NJ
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just love eating at Da Rosina. The food is so good and the service is also very good. We made reservations and were seated as soon as we got there. They did not rush us either.

• Visited October 2012