“Hearty Italian Fare”
Review of Becco

Becco
Reserve with OpenTable
Becco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #574 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Bustling lively restaurant which was packed when we arrived so you definitely need to book.
The menu is varied but we went with the house special "trio of pasta" which was excellent and they will refill as much as you want but we were full after the first round!
The prices are more than acceptable.
Excellent value and definitely proof that good food is not always super expensive in NY.
I'd go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,432)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I seem to eat the same meal every time I come here - Misto Salad and Pollo Limone. Ate here 2 days in a row and both meals were fabulous. I always feel so comfortable here whether I dine alone or with others.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a regular haunt when we come to NYC. It has a great vibe. Busy, boisterous, fun. Great pasta. Superb lamb. Always served with an authentic caesar salad to start. Excellent value. A walk from the theatres. Perfect for a late night supper.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We always have great service and the food is consistently good. I had the steak this time and it was the best I'd had in a long time.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

As very big Lidia Bastianich fans, my fiancee and I have been wanting to try Becco for quite some time now -- especially having heard of the "Sinfonia di Paste." Last night we finally got around to trying Becco and the Sinfonia, and I was fairly underwhelmed.

Atmosphere:
The restaurant was crowded and loud. I'm not sure why I expected it to be more intimate and romantic, but I did. I was wrong. It is filled to the brim with tourists in the theatre district/times square area. This is why we never come to this 'hood!

Value:
Actually, one of the shining points. The Sinfonia is definitely very reasonable for all-you-can-eat pasta of that quality.

Food:
The pasta was pretty good. I'll give it that.

All in all: possibly worth trying once, probably wouldn't come back again. For locals, it isn't very enjoyable. For tourists, if you are looking for authentic, exciting, interesting, romantic, intimate, or any combination of the above adjectives, you could do better. If you want pretty good food next to your times square hotel before your broadway show, yeah it's probably one of the better options.