“Disapointed”
Review of Becco

Becco
Reserve with OpenTable
Becco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #518 of 13,638 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
New York City, New York
“Disapointed”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I want to be fair, we went on Valentines Day so I understand it's a very busy night. the place is extremely cramped, I felt like the other couples were sitting in my lap. It seemed like they squeezed more tables in for the holiday. The waiter had to lean over the guy next to me to pour my wine. That being said, the service was very good, our waiter was super helpful in ordering and choosing a wine. As for the food, I was a bit disapointed. The unlimited pasta tasting seems to be what attracts people as it is a very good deal, but I found the pasta to be very ordinary. The osso bucco I had was very good, my wife had veal parmigiana and she didn't finish it because it was "tasteless". Not in a hurry to try again.

3 Thank jimmyr87

Long Island, NY
“a favorite, go to dinner choice- if you can get in”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

great place, great food, always crowded. the tri-pasta choice always a winner, though there is not one bad thing on this menu. Lidia herself has been there many times, and we've seen Joe as often, so I feel their presence is the reason you can never go wrong with this choice. certain evenings are tough for reservations, so book as early as you can.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Best in New York”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

THis place is crowded, but that is part of the charm. Great service, super wine list with knowledgeable sommelier. This is a must do for visitors.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“A Great New York Experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first time to eat at Becco and I can't wait to go back! We got lucky on a Sunday night without reservations and only had to wait about 25minutes. The bartender was very helpful and friendly as was our waiter. The pasta special was wonderful as were the specialty dishes that my kids ordered. Definitely a New York favorite as it was crowded and a bit noisy. This did not bother us. We actually found it entertaining! Nothing in New York is very spacious. The $25.00 a bottle wine list is the best kept secret in New York! Loved It!!

Scarborough, Maine
“Becco at the bar!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have eaten at this restaurant several times . still love the bar the best! we never make reservations,but go at off times. This is a very popular dining establishment. If you want a table reservations are a must!
However this table are very close together and quite loud, but the dining room is very large with many rooms. The last visit we left our table to sit at the bar. it was 4pm in the afternoon.
The bartender was great the food and the service was quick but not ever rushed.