“Stylish but not stuffy”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Stylish but not stuffy”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on March 16 - a special treat as my friend and I are approaching a milestone birthday. Our wives loved the atmosphere immediately - especially as we were shown to a more private corner booth so we could enjoy some conversation . ( many restaurants on our recent USA trip have been marred by high decibel levels!) the server ,Mika , was polite, informed, witty- a great guy. The bread is SPECIAL - I don't normally succumb but ... My wife and I shared delicious ocean platter appetiser and then steak- perfectly cooked and great flavour. Not normally a dessert person but we shared a grand marnier soufflé - out of this world. We were also presented with photo birthday cards and commemorative menus - a nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

1 Thank Tony C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I were having a girls' weekend in NYC, and decided to stop by Morton's for a steak. Our waiter was fantastic. The shrimp cocktail was delicious, and the steak was fabulous. Overall, a wonder experience!

1 Thank myheartisinspain
“Yum... Awesome!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were in new york for my other halves birthday, when booking the reservation online Morton's asked 'Is there anything special we should know/what's the occasion' I mentioned it was my partners birthday and when we turned up they wished him happy birthday at the door which was lovely.. we were then shown to one of their lovely booths where they gave us the personalised menu which said 'Happy 31st Birthday' on it.

The waiting service was excellent, they could talk thoroughly about the menu with confidence and they couldn't do enough for you!

The food was delicious, big portions so make sure you go with an appetite.

One of the best steaks we've ever had! And desert even came with a candle in it for my other half :-)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Josie H
New York City, New York
“Good, but not great.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Although I'm willing to try this restaurant again, I definitely had much higher expectations. For more pics and commentary, check out www.gustatori.com.

• Visited February 2014
“Great steak in midtown”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I visited here with a work colleague while visiting from London.

From the moment we sat down to leaving, we had a great experience. The bread as a start was lovely and the service attentive.

The jumbo prawn starter was lovely, although maybe slightly too big (yes it's a US steakhouse I know!) but the filet mignon was cooked perfectly. Paired with some good wine this a very good steakhouse. A little pricey but worth the visit!