“Good service once we got going!”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We wanted to go to Keen's as it had great reviews, but couldn't get a reservation so our hotel recommended Morton's and my husband had eaten in one before. Not a great start, as they were moving tables and chairs around our table, so we stood there looking like spare parts while lots of furniture was moved - we weren't even acknowledged and no apology given.

Finally sat down, rather annoyed, but from there on the meal was great. Steaks and sides were delicious and staff were attentive and helpful.

We were only in NYC for 3 nights, with 2 teenage girls, and I'd say this was a great choice. We walked here after being at the top of the Empire State Building - it was a longer walk than we thought but got our appetites going.

1  Thank ScjMcr
There are newer reviews for Morton's The Steakhouse

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Brilliant food, Brilliant service. My kids and I really enjoyed this meal. Fantastic steaks and sides. We had great starters and delicious desserts too. The wait staff were great too. Very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go here again.

1  Thank LucyI68
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Overpriced steak, service ok but not exceptional. Other high priced steak houses such as capital Grille are better.

1  Thank 186girl
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Morton;s definitely rocked it! Everything was on point. The small seafood platter was just great. Very fresh and tasty. The Filet and Lobster Special was perfect. Had it with the Oscar preparation and it was out of this world good. The deserts at the table were all just perfect. A great restaurant, you definitely get what you pay for here.

1  Thank Bobby S
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I know Morton's restaurants for many years. My first experience was several years ago in Chicago and since they open a branch in NYC I visit it at each of my visit. The food is excellent but understandably rather expensive (Don't expect to spend less than 150$ per person even if you are very reasonable for the wine). When you make a reservation the person in charge is extremely pleasant; much more than the guys at the reception! There if you don't pay attention they will relegate you at a very bad table in a corner even if much better tables are still available. It is what happened to me last September even as a repeated client! I asked for another table and I was told that all were reserved. Which happened to be untrue, I could see that at least two nice tables remained unoccupied. The only comment that I got was "sorry for that". It is for everyone to drawn the appropriate conclusion.

1  Thank RoqRoq