“Nice, but ....”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Thank you for choosing Morton's The Steakhouse - New York (Midtown Manhattan). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.
Gallion, Alabama
“Nice, but ....”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just down the street from my hotel and I wanted just a light meal and a drink. Walked in with no greeting and found a table in the bar where I could read my book. Once a server realized I was there, I couldn't have asked for better service in spite of the place being packed. My server brought me my perfectly crafted, but expensive, drink and when I asked fr some help with a food selection she was honest and direct with her answers. I made my selection and was told that was a good choice. Then the failure. A runner appeared with the most unappea;ing mess of greasy fried oninons covering who knows what and drops, not sets, it down and starts to walk away. When I stopped him and asked him if this was my crab cakes, he mumbled something about table numbers and grabed the dish and walked away with absolutely no concern or comment. Shortly, my server returned and asked about my drink or if I would like another so I told her about the situation. Sne then brought my new drink, told me that my meal was almost ready and told me to wait for the manager. The manager came to my table and asked me to relate what happened and then spent quite a while with me until my meal was ready and offered yet another drink or desert or whatever I wished and went far beyond what I would have expected over a basically small issue in that someone brought the wrong dish to the wrong table. I hope the eventual person got their meal. My crab cakes were perfect, beautifully served, and so good. Even high end places like this have glitches in their service and the professional staff went above board to correct a small mistake and make sure I was pleased. It is busy, a little noisy, but they do a good job and offer some good, but pricy - hey it is New York - food and have a professional staff who work hard but they also have a looser or two. I don't think the guy who tried to serve me the wrong thing will be on the staff for long.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rig2

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, California
“One of the best meals I ever had!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service was beyond excellent, food was delicious, music was good (Ya gotta like Frankie).
I had the porterhouse. Big ol' piece of meat cooked to perfection, with a big plate of hash browns on the side - also very yummy.
It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sonomamon
New York
“The Beef is Here!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Goodness...where to start! The reception and warm atmosphere was especially welcome on quite the cold wintry night my wife and I visited. We had heard about Morton's for many years but being from across the river hampered our own exploration. An anniversary prompted us to celebrate in NYC and Morton's was a must visit. The wait staff were professional, courteous, friendly and sincere and no question we asked made us feel any less welcome. As first timers, we had quite a few of those questions. The drink service was prompt, the salad and bread followed at the right pace and the main event was exquisite! The food was great and so what...this in NYC where great food is easy to find. But great service, personal touches, feeling good about the experience weeks later, well, that says something to me and prompts us to plan a revisit with another couple or two so that we can share that wonderful experienced with them.

• Visited January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant has become one of my favorite dining spots in NYC. As before, I was greeted very warmly at the door. The staff eagerly took my coat and invited me to sit at the bar while I waited for my guest.

Once seated, the service was absolutely superb. When I asked the server for a special preparation he told me that he could make it happen. Our appetizers were great and entrees were fantastic.

This is fine dining. The atmosphere is elegant. I look forward to returning on my next trip to NYC!

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steak”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The wait was not long on a busy night, the waiter was very professional and the food was oerfect i am diffidently going back to this location.

Visited February 2013