“Great Italian food in NYC - SOHO”
Review of Il Cortile

Il Cortile
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #544 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Canal & Hester
Transit: Q,N,R,6.J,M, to Canal street
Description: IL Cortile has been family owned and run since 1975. A neighborhood staple for almost 35 years the Esposito family continues the tradition of sparing nothing to provide only the highest quality ingredients in all Cortile dishes. We are a full Service Restaurant Establishment offering both A-La-Carte dinning and a wide variety of pre-fix menu"s for group gatherings as well as off premise catering.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Recently visited New York City for the weekend, booked a dinner reservation for Friday night at about 6:00pm party of 3. Seated immediately when we arrived, not very crowded, received prompt service from the staff. My wife has a gluten allergy and needs to be extremely careful what she eats. Waiter assured us they would prepare a gluten free meal. She had a seafood zuppa with gluten free spaghetti. She loved the dish and it was indeed gluten free as promised. I had a filet served in chopped mushroom sauce, delectable. Our son had the Gnocchi with Bolognese Sauce, he loved it. Prices were reasonable. By the time we were leaving at about 7:45pm they had a nice crowd. I would definately go back the food and atmosphere was excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We like to sit in the atrium area in the back of the restaurant. It's a beautiful room. The menu is very extensive and whatever you order will be delicious. We've never had a bad meal here. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

... I would definitely not go back to Il Cortile and wouldn't recommend it to friends. This is the typically boring and touristy restaurant that is otherwise so hard to fin in NYC.

The food is reasonably good, although my impression was that I could make a better Italian meal at home. This is not the type of food that's worth the money and time of going out.
There's nothing very exciting on the menu, however their prices are a bit too high for what it all is.

They also automatically add 20% tip to the bill and this is the minimal (!) tip amount... which I suppose could b taken off, but which customer would ever want to ask the embarrassing question whether they could reduce it of the final amount...

The main room where they try to sit all their customers is nice with a glass roof which makes it nice and bright, but that's about the only exciting feature of this place.

Service is ok, but a little slow and waiters are not very attentive.

1  Thank Watermelon25
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday and anniversary. Open table rscrewed up on the reservation for 14 people but the host at the restaurant was very accomodating. My brother-in-law told me that he has been eating there for more than 20 years and this is one of his favorite Italian restaurant at Little Italy. I love to eat at Little Italy and this is my first time there. The appetizers were excellent as well as the entree. The portions are huge and meant to be shared with people. One needs to have dessert and capuccino or espresso. I would go back and eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great service. Food delicious. I don't remember all the Italian names but the chicken & shrimp was Great! The Gnoche with peas and Alfredo....oh yes. Very yummy chicken parmigian too.

1  Thank eubanksoilsc