“Solid food and service, too many kids”

Takahachi Tribeca Restaurant
Ranked #2,692 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Using food and service as our guide, Takahachi is one of my wife's and my favorite restaurants in our Tribeca neighborhood. More affordable than it's Japanese peers in the neighborhood--Nobu, Megu and Rosajin (to die for)--we've had many memorable dining experiences at Takahachi. It's not cheap eats, and worthy of a date night, the food is solid throughout and the service is terrfic. The big HOWEVER, is that parents, in the neighborhood I assume, of very young children feel it's appropriate to provide their children with a fine sushi experience. Obviously we all need to eat, but do 3-year olds (and younger) really appreciate fine Japanese food? Or are their parents so totally consumed by their own needs, that they are oblvious to the world around them? So head over to Takahashi, but peek in first, and see how many strollers are parked in the entry area. If the coast is clear, grab a table, you'll love the food and service.

There are newer reviews for Takahachi Tribeca Restaurant

Reviewed October 18, 2012

In search of sushi in a new neighborhood led us to Takahachi in tribeca. a simple decorative place, easy to walk by with only the sign on the glass door to let you know, but so worth the journey, great amount of choice with the usual sushi & so much more unique combinations, top quality, reasonably priced, fast service we'll be going back next time we're in NYC for sure, only accepts reservations for three or more, but we had no problem getting in at 8 pm on a thursday

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The service is welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere very relaxing.
The competition for sushi restaurants is rife and the service makes the difference.

The signature tempura is excellent as is the fried tofu.
The sushi is wonderfully displayed and the dishes have tempura flakes which are delicious.

Worth a visit for a special occasion.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The sushi is some of the best in the city, equal to NOBU but for less money. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My son in law took me here on a recent visit to NYC. He knows I am a huge sushi fan and Promissed me a treat. I was blown away. What sensational sushi but better still the very authentic other Japanese selections. All this is at an amazingly fair price.
I have tried a lot of NYC's Japanese restaurants and in my opinion this is the best.