“Recommended”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food was TERRIFIC. Our waiter, Anthony, was friendly and helpful and wonderful. Positano's was recommended by my brother and I'm glad we went.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

!0 ladies visited this restaurant on our last evening in New York on the recommendation of our hotel. Tables were put together to accommodate our group. Some of the tables were higher than others and so it was a bit higgledy piggledy - and the napkins and tablecloths were paper! The food was just okay, nothing to write home about. Many of our party are regular visitors to Italy and didn't think the food was anywhere near what it should be. When we asked for the bill, the waiter scribbled a few sums ON THE PAPER TABLECLOTH so we weren't able to check the detail. All-in-all I wouldn't recommend it and our regret was that we didn't try one of the many better places nearby but that's life!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Ate at Positano's last week . Nice spot in the middle of Little Italy . the table shared a stuffed mushroom app. It was not good at all , mushy and a little mealy . I had the Spaghetti Carbonara as an entree . The ham was nice but the white sauce seemed canned , because it really devoid of spices . The service was good and the price seemed average for the street . A positive: the Peroni was cold . If we went back we would spend more time with a bottle of wine for people watching . Probably wouldn't eat much here again .

Reviewed June 1, 2012

On a recent visit to Little Italy looking for somewhere to eat we decided to take a chance on Positano Ristorante. It turned out to be a place we would go back to without hesitation. We had basic dishes, from a daily specials listing which were very tasty. I had Spaghetti with Meatballs and my son had the Fettucini Alfredo. My sauce was a well done simple tomato sauce. Just the right flavors. My son's Alfredo sauce was rich and creamy. Both pastas were a bit on the al dente side. Meals came with large serving of bread and bread sticks which were delicious. Service was efficient and friendly. Menu prices are in line with the offerings.Tables are close together, which is rather typical of NYC. Looking to trying something else next time.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just had my second dining experience at Positano Ristorante now and am certain it is the BEST in Little Italy New York! Will tell friends and everyone about it. Thank you for the great service and authentic Italian food. Fabuloso!