TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Cross street: Spring and Prince
Transit: 6 Train to Spring B,D,F,M to Broadway/LaFayette N,R to Prince
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Another great Elizabeth St find! Had been eyeing this off since we arrived 2 weeks ago, and as the saying goes ' we saved the best for last!' Fabulous ambience, attentive waiter, amazing food and quick service. A memorable last night New York dinner.

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

To think that we drove 1 1/2 hours from New Hope PA to meet friends here for what could have been a good time and meal when there are a ton of great restaurants where we are is truly a shame. The hostess was the beginning of a negative start as she was rude when we entered and then finished it off being rude when we left. I simply told her when we were leaving that she may want to tell people that it is very slippery at their exit ramp as I almost went down as it was raining hard . She looked at me and said "of course it is, it's raining " she obviously didn't care if someone went down....not her issues.
As for the food....adequate is the best description. The salad was so salty, I had to send it back. The Marguerita pizza was equal to a typical pizaria. Not at all what I expected. My entre was a shredded pork dish which was good not great. The best part was our waiter Andre who was lovely with a great personality and fabulous service.
Wouldn't go back, after all its New York, there are a million great places, why pick adequate.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank RoyS2801
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

We almost always come to Peasant when we visit NYC and we are never disappointed, we had the roasted tomato with mozzarella and baked mozzarella with pork both were excellent, I had the pasta with fresh truffles out of this world very simple but wonderful, my husband had the roasted chicken and my brother in law had the suckling pig which was very good, sweet ending with wonderful desert! Can't wait to come back ! Trust me everything is good!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 14, 2016

I rarely eat Italian food when I travel, since I can have that in my country or I can cook it at home. I was invited by friend and I have to say that it was really excellent, every ingredients top quality. The appetizers super good Parma ham, buffalo mozzarella, pizza super perfect. I had an awesome porcini mushrooms risotto, my friends took sea urchin spaghetti, gnocchi everyone was happy and very satisfied. Staff very kind as well.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

This place has a fantastic rustic Italian menu of a wide range of starters, and a big choice of really savory pastas. There is also a very long wine list. And although we didn't have pizza, lots of people were enjoying it. It has a cool, hipster vibe and crowd but not really pretentious. We called on Saturday afternoon for a Saturday night reservation and they immediately accommodated us.

Date of visit: November 2016