TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Cross street: Spring and Prince
Transit: 6 Train to Spring B,D,F,M to Broadway/LaFayette N,R to Prince
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

We almost always come to Peasant when we visit NYC and we are never disappointed, we had the roasted tomato with mozzarella and baked mozzarella with pork both were excellent, I had the pasta with fresh truffles out of this world very simple but wonderful, my husband had the roasted chicken and my brother in law had the suckling pig which was very good, sweet ending with wonderful desert! Can't wait to come back ! Trust me everything is good!

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed November 14, 2016

I rarely eat Italian food when I travel, since I can have that in my country or I can cook it at home. I was invited by friend and I have to say that it was really excellent, every ingredients top quality. The appetizers super good Parma ham, buffalo mozzarella, pizza super perfect. I had an awesome porcini mushrooms risotto, my friends took sea urchin spaghetti, gnocchi everyone was happy and very satisfied. Staff very kind as well.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

This place has a fantastic rustic Italian menu of a wide range of starters, and a big choice of really savory pastas. There is also a very long wine list. And although we didn't have pizza, lots of people were enjoying it. It has a cool, hipster vibe and crowd but not really pretentious. We called on Saturday afternoon for a Saturday night reservation and they immediately accommodated us.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

The food at Pleasant is fantastic, a bit pricy but definitely worth it! Very authentic italian made from quality ingridients. The staff is friendly and it's overall a please to spend an evening here.

Reviewed November 2, 2016

Restaurant with nice atmosphere,welcoming and nice staff .good food and a long and interesting winelist.We had pasta and Pizza and both were really good.fantastic prosciutto as a starter.