“FUN!!!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Description: n 1919 Gregorio Garofalo came over from Italy to begin his American dream... He rented a basement, put in his coal stoves, and sprinkled saw dust on the floor. With his knowledge of creating homemade wines, and his passion for cooking, Gregorio's dream began.... The name ..."Puglia" is a region in Southern Italy from which he immigrated. People came from far to indulge in the delicacies Gregorio prepared; Capuzzello (sheepshead), Tripe (the lining of the stomach of a young ox), and Pasta E Fagioli (pasta and beans), but what they loved the most was the way he treated everyone like his own family. Today with his 3rd generation carrying on the recipes and the values he taught them, Gregorio is smiling.... All of us at Puglia thank you for making Gregorio's dream a reality. Buona Sera
Round Rock, Texas
“FUN!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food is average and plentiful. Bring an appetite. Served family style and don't skip the garlic bread!! Best part of the meal is the cheezy entertainment from an older gentleman with an organ. Everyone was up on a chair waving their napkins and laughing.

Visited June 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Puglia in Little Italy”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ordered the lasagna and the fresh mozzarella was EXCELLENT! The sauce on my wife's spaghetti and meatballs was so fresh tasting.

Visited June 2013
Bridgeport, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been Going for 20 Years!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have to say, I have been going to Puglia Restaurant for so long and every time I visit the City, make sure to stop. The last time I went, I wanted to cry when I saw that two out of the three rooms were gone...one of them being the 'bar', leaving only 1/3rd of the restaurant's original size. But, the most upsetting part for me that was eliminated was the best part of the meal! The freshly toasted Italian Bread dipped in the Italian Olive Oil with all of the herbs! I had to ASK for it and I simply got bread with some plain ol' oil! They used to serve it the moment you sat down for free. PLEASE BRING THE HERB OIL BACK!! Other than that, the food is some of the best in Little Italy and the atmosphere is fun, with Jorge Buccio playing his organ and singing! Bring back the oil the way it was and you will be revised to a "5" star! Oh--and the waitress, Danielle, is the BEST! Ask for her!!

• Visited May 2013
“Absolutely in love”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I adore Puglia restaurant. I was there the other night and had the lasagna. Wow, is it fantastic! Oozing with mozzarella cheese and delicious, zesty homemade marinara sauce and baked to a bubbly warm delight...I could go on or ever to swoon about it, but you have to taste this and their other dishes for yourself.

I also love the wait staff there- they are very attentive and make you feel like part of the family. They really talk to you and take excellent care of all the parties- and let me assure you the place was busy, but I never once felt overlooked even though there was a party going on.

And speaking of party, the nightly music is so classic- I felt like I was in a wonderful Italian movie and Puglia was the main event!

You have to visit this little gem and taste it's authentic Italian treasures to understand what I mean when I say it is my favorite restaurant in all of Little Italy (and maybe even the city of NY! Love it!!
Xoxo Teresa

• Visited June 2013
kansas city
“Not worth it--Very Average”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stopped at this restaurant and thought that it looked promising. However I find the food, atmosphere, and value to be very average. The meatballs come out cold and they only slightly apologized. The house wine tasted like Welch's grape juice. There was someone singing during the dinner, which I found obnoxious. The music and mic were turned up too loud for the small room. I felt like the service was apathetic and rushed. There are too many other better Italian restaurants in New York to spend your money here. I

• Visited May 2013