“Lovely food, great service, inexpensive”
Review of Bianca - CLOSED

Bianca
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had a great meal here. Friday evening @ 7pm. I think we must have been lucky because we walked right in. Had a big bowl of mussels to share and seafood pasta and steak as entrees. Two soft drinks and the bill was $45 without the tip. The food was excellent and the service good. Yes, this is a tiny place but it has a fabulous atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

There are newer reviews for Bianca

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The wait time to be seated at 7pm was quoted as 45 minutes, ended up being an hour and 15 mins - pretty close. The host is very kind and engaging and will come find you at the bar next door... and yes, he does remember exactly who you are and what you look like and what order you are on the list. It's impressive.

The pasta came out in 5 mins flat. That made me a little nervous initially, but the more I think about it the more I appreciate that the sauces are all some sort of ragu or buttery sauce that can be prepared in advanced and tossed on the skillet with the pasta to make an instant dinner. That doesn't mean that it isn't fresh - the food here is very fresh. It's also strategic, because with their popularity and line down the block combined with small tables, the wait time for the dishes needs to be short.

The pasta was al dente, fresh, and delightful. The serving of pasta completely filled my husband, which is impressive because he skipped an appetizer round. The gnocchi was very soft and delicate (I prefer a little chewier actually) and the blue cheese sauce was very nice and gentle - I'm glad we ordered it to taste it, but it might be too much of a homogenous dish of softness to really work for dinner perfectly. The pastas on the other hand were fun and delicious and fresh and easy to eat - it tastes like homemade fresh pasta should taste.

The wait staff was quick and efficient. The host asked a group at a table next to ours if he could use their table because they'd been sitting there, paid up, for a while and the line outside was getting long - they left in a huff, which I understand... but then again, this isn't a place to linger. With the dishes coming out so quickly, my husband and I spent more time waiting for dinner than we did eating it.

The appetizers are $8-$15, the pasta dishes are $11-$16 and the meat dishes are all in the low to mid $20 range. Dessert is $8.50 and big enough for two. This is important, because the place is cash only. You can bring drinks/wine with you from the bar next door even though they have plenty to serve at the restaurant because they have waiting sympathy.

Overall you won't go wrong here - it's delicious. It isn't as good as "Supper" which is only about 4 blocks away, but it's far less expensive to boot. I don't think we'll be back, but I'm glad we came to try it.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were celebrating a friend's birthday. Bianca serves authentic Italian food at very reasonable prices. For appetizer, we ordered fried artichokes and vegetable lassagna.The 4 half artichokes were ridiculous, totally burned and very small in size, a total 8,50$ waste. However the vegetable lassagna was adequate for an appetizer. We ordered the fish stew, which was tasty and substantial, as well as the salmon, cooked to perfection. The chocolate mouse was very standard. They have a long wine list, but expect to pay between 25$ and up for a bottle. Service was good, although the waiter is learning Engish. The owner changed our dessert to add a candle for the birthday girl, a nice touch.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Pretty small cute place. Serves authentic Italian food. The wait, just 20 mins in a bar next door, was not so bad.

We tried their Tagliolini Ai Frutti Di Mare pasta and it was good. Not too bad. My wife who usually does not like Mussels loved their Mussels for appetizer. Thier special pasta was decent.

Desserts are good too.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited Bianca's last May (taken me a while to get round to reviewing!) with my wife and 2 kids. It was a busy evening and we are at about 9:30. We had to wait for a while but there was a cafe/bar a few doors away - also the guy on the door was really talkative and interesting. We got seated near the kitchen on a round table which seemed to be the biggest there was for 4 people. The place was buzzing - packed with a young crowd, no music but very noisy with chatting. We had pasta and fish and a nice bottle of wine. Service was quick and food excellent and it was only $90'ish. Really worth a visit and I'll go back.