“Excellent”

Neighborhood: Manhattan
Orlando, FL
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm pretty sure this was my favorite meal in NYC during our visit. If locals go, you know it's good.

Cash only, no reservations, but oh so worth it. We went at 6:30 pm on a Sunday and walked right in without issue. I imagine on a Friday or Saturday night it would be a lot more difficult but hear the wine bar next door makes the wait manageable.

It's very small with rustic decor. I felt like I walked into a small restaurant in Italy to be honest. The staff was friendly. Be prepared that the tables are very cozy and close together.

We had the gnocco fritto as an appetizer - we got it with both the cold cuts and cheese and it was simply out of this world amazing. I had never even heard of stracchino cheese but something tells me I will be on the look out for it now.

For entrees I had the lasagna and my husband had sliced beef filet with rosemary. Both excellent, and I'm telling you it has ruined me for having lasagna anywhere else. It was the best I have ever had, and I learned how lasagna is supposed to actually taste.

And what a value! We both had a drink and the total was 60 bucks. Unheard of for NYC.

Go now!!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kimberly1017

Boston, MA
“Yummmy!!! But crowded”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really love the food at this restaurant. When I used to live down in the area, I would go there all of the time.

The food is really good, especially for the price. The last time I went, my friend and I split two appetizers , two entrees and a bottle of wine and the bill (with tip) was around 80$. Not bad. Get the gnocco fritto with cheese- sooo good!

I'm split on the ambiance- it is super crowded and it feels like you are eating with the people next to you (tempting to grab a bite off of their plates). It reminds me of Giacomo's in Boston - the trade off for good food/ good prices is the rushed/ cramped atmosphere. While the waitress seemed a little harried, the bus boys were great about making sure our water glasses were full and plates cleared in a timely manner.

Overall if you are looking for good food, good wine, good prices check out this place!

Rio de Janeiro
“Use to be good”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to bianca last december,and besides beeig a fan of the restaurant the food was only average this time,the prices are still good,but the noise are annoying.

Visited January 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“affordable, delicious & impeccable service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Five of us ate here on Christmas Eve. They were very busy when we arrived at 5:45, but were seated immediately. We ordered an appetizer, a bottle of wine, two soft drinks, two large bottles of Italian water for the table, five entrees, three desserts and two cappuccino's all for under 160 dollars. We were blown away. The Gnocchi Con Formaggio and the Tagliatelle alla Bolognese we highly recommend as well as the apple tort and tiramisu for dessert. The food and service was of the highest quality and the price was way more than affordable. Just remember this is a Cash Only place.

1 Thank Caroljean C
chicago
“No credit cards or reservations- but we loved it”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Came early and were seated immediately. Fllled up fast and i agree with other posters that it is noisy and cramped.

But the prices are gentle as is the wine- and the food is delicious. Tagliatelle bolognese and the seafood on a skewer were both terrific.

We would definitely consider a return.