“Best in New York”

Forlini's Restaurant
Ranked #160 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, great service and fantastic setting.
Can't rate this place highly enough. Simply the best meal I had in New York and easily the best dining experience. I'd travel back to NY just to eat here.
First class.

1  Thank Foofighter1977

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent food, multilingual and very competent service, very good wines (albeit pricey! ).
Yet one more great Italian address in NYC.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Forlini's NEVER disapppoints. Their food is exquisite; the service, friendly and capable. I now live over 1900 miles away, and can't get there as often as I'd like...I have been going to Forlini's my whole life! as a child, a teen, a young adult, adult...am now 51!!!! Of course, I adore the panzerotti piancentina, the veal dishes, and, and, and....I am so glad I was able to dine there on june 26th...and so glad I had a bunch of North Dakotans with me...WE ALL loved it!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped by this restaurant while doing a walking tour of the city. The owner met us at the door and made us feel right at home. The wait staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The food...well it was outstanding. It was after lunch but before dinner so we had the place all to ourselves. While we ate the hostess told us stories about the restaurant, who had eaten there and shows that had been filmed there. Just a wonderful experience and great food. I highly recommend.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

If your goal is the find either new school Italian, neat wrinkles on rustic Italian, or sophisticated Northern Italian dishes, you'll be disappointed here. However, if you miss the basic, traditional Little Italy spots of yesteryear, you'll sing this spot's praises. To be fair, you may find the menu tired, but the food served, though hardly inspired, is rock solid. Plus the unrushed, professional service and lack of sidewalk touts makes this more customer-oriented than those a 5 minute walk north, across Canal. The Lasagna is good, the Franchese dishes (chicken, sole, and veal) also and the Fra Diabolo hits all the right notes. The food prices are quite fair as is the tab for the pedestrian wine list