“If you love Latin Cuisine, you've got to try them!”
Review of Cabana - CLOSED

Cabana
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my first visit to this chain and went with a friend who lives in the New York city area. It's in the South St. Seaport which in itself is interesting with all the shops and eateries along the waterfront. I had chicken and rice with sausage (Arroz con Pollo) and it was great and plentiful. It was packed and great views when you sit by the window or on the outside deck with the fabulous river nearby. The prices are great for the budget conscious especially, for New York standards. My entree was $11+. I don't know how the other locations are but I would definitely go back to this one!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved the view from outdoor seating overlooking south street seaport.We had lunch after taking the Zephyr tour with our kids. Cuban sandwiches were great and my husband and I had salads which were large and delicious. I thought service was ok and the restaurant was clean and pretty busy.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had gone to this restaurant before but its getting worst. We went on the 4th of July and even tough they claimed the AC was on you couldn't feel it; I was sweating (not the only one) and I was inside. I expected to be crowded but management should have prepare for it. This is a Cuban restaurant and you can tell the tostones came from a box. The drinks were not that good either. Don't plan to return

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant has a very nice patio overlooking the high-rises of lower Manhattan. The food was good – we had a tender and flavourful churrasco steak. Unfortunately, our waitress did not pay attention at our order and she was inflexible: I asked for yellow rice and I got the white one, I asked if it would be possible to have an extra portion because I couldn’t eat beans and she said no, our salad came without the crisp bread on it and she forgot to bring the wine (the steak came before the wine and I actually had to go and ask for the wine). This is unfortunate because the food came very quickly. Maybe she just needs some training…

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited the Seaport after a day of tramping around in 90 degree weather and saw a draped sign that said "we are open" on the upper level of the Seaport Building. From the outdoor tables, we figured "pricey" but we were desperate for a drink and a sit in the cool. The decor has primary red, yellow, and blue overhead panels that provide a cheery effect.
I have a black pepper allergy and just assumed that I could not be accommodated. The friendly staff said that that would make me a special meal without pepper and cleaned the grill to not have cross contamination and then removed the pepper shakers from our table and the next table. My meal was delicious, complete with seasoned chicken, salad, and rice and plantain.My husband ordered a peppery meal of spiced chicken, plantain, beans an rice.
They were careful to accommodate both of us and we left full and happy. The big surprise was the check. The prices were not NYC off the wall prices, , but normal fare. The meal, beer, and drinks came to $30.00. In downtown NYC we paid that just for drinks.
Please visit the seaport, the seaport mall, buy goodies to help them return from Hurricane Sandy, and enjoy the upper view of the harbor from this fabulous restaurant.
I knew we were at a great spot when we arrived and I said to the host, "I am so hot I could die." He quipped back, "I am so hot that I would let you." I even left with a line that I could steal in my hot Florida hometown..I've used it already.