“Still dreaming about the food :-)”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #775 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Absolutely amazing!! Theres no better way to describe it. The food was out of this world - probably one of the best meals I have ever had! The service was incredible - they were on top of everything without being annoying or in the way at all.
My fiance and I went there to celebrate my birthday and they made it so special!!
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

2  Thank Rm0425

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Went here expecting a romantic gem, especially with all of the positive reviews, but frankly, this place was not good at all. The food was average, certainly not as good as other reviews are suggesting, and definitely not worth the money. Too much salt, too. The sommelier was useless, only suggesting the most expensive wine in each category, and providing no further explanation other than the wine name itself. I got a sense that this is a place for inexperienced yuppies who get excited over a few cheap gimmicks (like chocolate writing on a plate - cheesy). The service was surprising, despite the enormous amount of people walking around, the service was terrible. The atmosphere and decor were very bland. Plain walls, ugly art and tapistries randomly hung on the wall (few and far between I might add). I could go on, but to make a long story short, I had hopes for this place, but it just disappointed me from start to finish, and at this price point, they should know better. Save yourself the trip, go somewhere else with more imagination, stlye, and class.

1  Thank Explorer852
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We had a double celebration when we visited Scalini Fedeli this evening, it was my girlfriends birthday and we got engaged. I'd included a comment on our OpenTable booking to say it was my girlfriend birthday.

When we arrived at 8pm we got to pick where we'd be seated. Service was excellent. The food was fantastic. You have no choice but to go for the Prix Fixe for $65. We thought this meal would be expensive but on reflection it's great value for money. You are presented with two intermediate dishes and two complimentary. One dish before the appetiser and one before dessert, and a complimentary dish with the appetiser and one with dessert. My fiancee was stuffed after the starter courses. We were replete by the time we had finished our main, we asked the maître d’ if the kitchen could give us a breather before serving dessert.

My short ribs of beef were excellent and very tender. My girlfriends fish was one of the best she's ever had. They wrote happy birthday in chocolate sauce on the edge of her plate and included a lit candle. They also gave us two complimentary glasses of sparkling dessert wine.

They strike a perfect balance of class without being pretentious. The food is refined like other top restaurants but the portion size is not tiny like nuevo cuisine.

This was a memorable day but the meal here really helped to add that special touch. We couldn't recommend a better restaurant for special occasions.

3  Thank G4EGK
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
BA
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Greatest italian cuisine! Can´t get better than this!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 9, 2010

It doesn't get any better than Scalini Fedeli. Food, atmosphere & service were exceptional
I was concerned when I saw the menu was prix fixed, but it was a non issue. There were plenty of choices & it was worth every penny. Especially since our waiter continued to bring complimentary items throughout the meal. We will make sure to visit Scalini Fedeli when we visit NYC again

4  Thank Aloverofgoldens