“Lots of Flavor, Warm Decor and Excellent Service”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #714 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
“Lots of Flavor, Warm Decor and Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My party and I enjoyed Scalini Fedeli from the moment we arrived until we left. The service was outstanding - friendly, professional and attentive. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful in making our selections. The ambiance is warm and cozy but not stuffy at all. Plenty of room between tables. My primi piatti, selected from their May-June Menu was Orecchiette in a spicy garlic and olive oil sauce with escarole, sausage, cherry pepper and anchovy finished with caramelized pecorino romano. That dish alone will bring me back many times when in NYC! One of my colleagues really enjoyed the Pappardelle which featured a spicy veal shank and pancetta "Bolognese" with bone marrow and a hint of orange. My main was their signature, massive 18 Oz. veal chop which was very good but, frankly, too much. Their wine selection is very good and not outrageously overpriced. We went with a 2008 Brunello that seemed to pair well with our mains. I strongly recommend Scalini Fedeli when in NYC and I have every intention of returning there when I am in the City again.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Paladin47

London
“Italian fare with flair”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Scalini's has an old style Italian restaurant feel to it with a warm, cosy ambience. Our waiter was charming and knowledgeable. The menu offers traditional Italian fare with flair: our pasta and gazpacho was excellent; I had a mouthwatering veal chop and my wife's salmon was delicious.

There is an excellent choice of reasonably priced wines by the glass.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank hesiod58
Charlotte,NC
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The menu has so many wonderful choices that it is difficult to decide! My primi was a special with a surcharge, and it was superb! It was fig ravioli with gorgonzola cream sauce and walnuts. My main course was short ribs with pomegranate and served with potatoes and an apple-fennel puree. My husband had pappardelle with Bolognese ragu which much lighter than I expected, next he had the double-cut veal chop with broccoli rabe and potatoes. Our desserts were also impressive. In other words, there is not one thing negative I can say.....it was a exceptional meal.
Just go!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank NCredsnapper
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“I'm still dreaming about the egg yolk raviolo!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our meal started with an amuse bouche of wild mushroom/truffle raviolo, which was perfectly seasoned and favorful. My husband is not a fan of truffle because he finds the flavor overpowering, but he thought this dish was perfect. I then had the egg yolk raviolo, which was one of the best dishes I've ever had in my life! Breaking into the raviolo and having the egg yolk run out and mix with the truffle butter was simply divine. I had the braised short rib, and the glaze added a lushness to it that was just incredible. We then had an amuse bouche dessert of gelato, which was a nice precursor to the chocolate souffle, which was again delicious. All in all, I'm still dreaming about this meal and will definitely go back on our next visit to NYC. The wait staff was attentive and the sommelier assisted us in picking an excellent wine that was in our price range.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank cpieper
London, United Kingdom
“Great Stuff”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A great restaurant with excellent service, good food and a nice selection of wines. The menu is impressive and the wine list extensive though not inexpensive.

• Visited July 2013