“Italian fare with flair”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #742 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Scalini's has an old style Italian restaurant feel to it with a warm, cosy ambience. Our waiter was charming and knowledgeable. The menu offers traditional Italian fare with flair: our pasta and gazpacho was excellent; I had a mouthwatering veal chop and my wife's salmon was delicious.

There is an excellent choice of reasonably priced wines by the glass.

2  Thank hesiod58

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The menu has so many wonderful choices that it is difficult to decide! My primi was a special with a surcharge, and it was superb! It was fig ravioli with gorgonzola cream sauce and walnuts. My main course was short ribs with pomegranate and served with potatoes and an apple-fennel puree. My husband had pappardelle with Bolognese ragu which much lighter than I expected, next he had the double-cut veal chop with broccoli rabe and potatoes. Our desserts were also impressive. In other words, there is not one thing negative I can say.....it was a exceptional meal.
Just go!

2  Thank NCredsnapper
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our meal started with an amuse bouche of wild mushroom/truffle raviolo, which was perfectly seasoned and favorful. My husband is not a fan of truffle because he finds the flavor overpowering, but he thought this dish was perfect. I then had the egg yolk raviolo, which was one of the best dishes I've ever had in my life! Breaking into the raviolo and having the egg yolk run out and mix with the truffle butter was simply divine. I had the braised short rib, and the glaze added a lushness to it that was just incredible. We then had an amuse bouche dessert of gelato, which was a nice precursor to the chocolate souffle, which was again delicious. All in all, I'm still dreaming about this meal and will definitely go back on our next visit to NYC. The wait staff was attentive and the sommelier assisted us in picking an excellent wine that was in our price range.

3  Thank cpieper
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A great restaurant with excellent service, good food and a nice selection of wines. The menu is impressive and the wine list extensive though not inexpensive.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant is located in a fun area of Tribeca. The interior is charming- felt like a place you might stumble across in Italy. As the sun went down, the waiters lit the candles in the window and on the tables. The menu is a 3 course fixed price dinner. You have several choices for appetizer, main course, and dessert. The price is $70 per dinner. I researched comparable dinners in the city and they were much more expensive. For the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere I think it was definitely worth the price. For our appetizers, one had the crab napoleon- so good he wouldn't share. We had two different pasta dishes. One with sausage was delicious. Rigatoni was good but on the spicy side. Main courses- snapper prepared two ways, both delicious. Veal- excellent. For dessert- chocolate napoleon was ok. Chocolate souffle was amazing. They brought complimentary champagne for us to toast and then more sweet treats to try. The service was outstanding- the waiter very informed and helpful. We never felt rushed and really enjoyed savoring our meals. Loved the waiters commenting on things in Italian. The wine list was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. This was a highlight of our trip.

4  Thank lalalee13