“Best restaurant we had in NYC”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #710 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Best restaurant we had in NYC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading the reviews to this restaurant, I decided to make a reservation as a suprise for my husband.
All I can say is that we had indeed a wonderful experience, everything from the attentive waiter to the exquisite food was without fault. Actually, the only fault I could find is that the food was much more than we could eat. We had the prix fix menu of three courses and, between the meals, we also received some complementary small dishes from the chef. From the beginning till the end, everything was perfect.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank DeliaP

Sao Paulo, SP
“Very nice place for formal meal”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant really worth. The food and the serevice are excelent, they have a good wine list but the decoration and the atmosphere are very formal, only with old people.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Elza A
Stamford, CT
“Awesome romantic dinner”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The old world atmosphere is charming and when paired with the staff's attention to detail, this place sets the standard for fine dining. The menu contains a wide variety of great traditional Italian fare with some unique added touches. We had a great early evening dinner after a Broadway matinee. We did not want to deal with the frantic atmosphere of the midtown scene so we hopped on the subway and headed to TriBeCa. Fortunately we had made reservations as the restaurant was filled. We enjoyed the braised beef short ribs and Parmesan crusted pork chop with a bottle of Taurasi wine. What a great evening!

3 Thank Landman142
New York City, New York
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Well the first thing that i noticed was that when we were led into the dining room, the maitre'd actually asked us which of 3 tables we would prefer. .by the window, in quiet corner and one another. I can't say how much i appreciated that since i tend to be a "table switcher". ! So we sat down and were offered one of four types of rolls and delicious olive oil, ordered wine, , had a wonderful ravioli type of amuse bouche, then dinner, prixe fix menu of three courses. I had the egg yolk raviolo, arctic char (held the crabmeat) and my husband had the snapper for his main course. Cant recall what his appetizer was, but like my food, it was delicious. The egg yolk raviolo was amazing! Dessert was chocolate for me, sorbet for him. Actually, we got some complimentary tiny pastries before our ordered desserts as wel. From start to finish, wonderful and easy. Attentive waiter even brought club soda when he saw my husband dabbing at spots on his shirt..totally enjoyed this restaurant. Food, service, table comfort and ambiance lovely.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank traxnyc
“Best Italian food in NYC”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I decided to treat my fiancé to a nice dinner on his birthday. So, I went to zagat rated Italian restaurants. Scalini Fedeli was rated very high, so I decided to try it. Well, the food, service and ambiance was all superb. What a great choice for a special occasion dinner. I have recommended this place to at least 20 friends. Awesome!

2 Thank Cheritaylor