“Wonderful meal”
Review of Scalini Fedeli

Scalini Fedeli
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalini Fedeli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #772 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Chambers St
Description: Scalini Fedeli ranked among New York's finest restaurants since its opening in early 2004, taking Italian cuisine to new heights. Rewarded with the highest overall ratings in the Zagat Survey, Scalini Fedeli has been granted one star by the Michelin guide in it's inaugural 2006 issue. The inviting decor features vaulted ceilings and European antiques and provides the perfect setting for chef Michael Cetrulo's delightful cuisine which offers the finest ingredients coupled with a confidence and grace that ensures your meal will be a memorable one. Menu highlights include soft egg yolk raviolo with ricotta and truffle butter and New York's finest venison chop in a port wine and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted hazelnuts, sauteed spinach and roasted Mission figs. The 350-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy but also does justice to the best American wineries.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Well the first thing that i noticed was that when we were led into the dining room, the maitre'd actually asked us which of 3 tables we would prefer. .by the window, in quiet corner and one another. I can't say how much i appreciated that since i tend to be a "table switcher". ! So we sat down and were offered one of four types of rolls and delicious olive oil, ordered wine, , had a wonderful ravioli type of amuse bouche, then dinner, prixe fix menu of three courses. I had the egg yolk raviolo, arctic char (held the crabmeat) and my husband had the snapper for his main course. Cant recall what his appetizer was, but like my food, it was delicious. The egg yolk raviolo was amazing! Dessert was chocolate for me, sorbet for him. Actually, we got some complimentary tiny pastries before our ordered desserts as wel. From start to finish, wonderful and easy. Attentive waiter even brought club soda when he saw my husband dabbing at spots on his shirt..totally enjoyed this restaurant. Food, service, table comfort and ambiance lovely.

2  Thank traxnyc

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I decided to treat my fiancé to a nice dinner on his birthday. So, I went to zagat rated Italian restaurants. Scalini Fedeli was rated very high, so I decided to try it. Well, the food, service and ambiance was all superb. What a great choice for a special occasion dinner. I have recommended this place to at least 20 friends. Awesome!

2  Thank Cheritaylor
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for dinner on Valentine's Day Weekend - what a treat! Prix fixe menu is 70 dollars but includes appetizer, entree, dessert, 2 complimentary small plates (pre-app and pre-dessert) and your choice of 4 breads (pretzel rolls were a hit) - you definitely won't leave hungry! Menu has 12-18 appetizers and entrees as well as an additional 3-5 specials in both categories - a much wider selection than most prixfixe menus. Wine list has several different options - both by the glass and by the bottle - suitable for all price ranges. Pre-app was mushroom ravioli in truffle sauce - very good start to the meal. Appetizers selected were bibb letttuce and pear salad (prosciutto di parma was incredibly fresh) and rigatoni with pancetta (was good but overwhelmed by onions). Entrees sepected were diver sea scallops in champagne and black truffle sauce (excellent and nicely browned) and potato crusted red snapper over lentils and pears in a wine sauce (the best seafood dish I've ever had, and by a wide margin). Pre-dessert was a marscapone and strawberry cold soup with a cocunut aftertaste - while I slowly enjoyed mine, the other side of the table was licking the bowl clean! Finally dessert - chocolate napoleon with chocolate mousse and vanilla ice cream (excellent) and warm apple tart with brown sugar crumble and cinnamon gelato (more excellent). Service was attentive without being overbearing, and all silverware was replaced after each course. While fairly priced given the copious amounts of high quality food and service, if you don't run a hedge fund you will likely think of it like I do - a great place to celebrate a special occasion. I can't wait to go back - and I will be hoping they still have that awesome red snapper! One final point - it gets incredibly crowded on Saturday nights, and there is almost no waiting room in the restaurant - so if you are claustrophobic, you may want to eat very early, very late or on a different night

3  Thank traveltime841
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is an upscale Italian Restaurant in a space which was occupied by Bouley 20 years ago. The tables are well spaced and you therefore have some privacy, which is rare in NYC. The drinks were delicious and the food excellent. I had duck breast as a main course and my friend had a shrimp/scallop combination. The service was very attentive and we were not rushed through dinner. The bill came to approx. $ 250.00 for two with 2 drinks each, but no wine. While this is not cheap, it certainly wasnt excessive considering the space and the quality of the food. This was my first time in this restaurant and I will be back.

2  Thank DieterK3
Reviewed February 7, 2013

my bf took me out for my birthday dinner, it was prefix rsvp. I love it the moment I sat down. The ambiance, smells and people just wonderful! from appetizer to dessert was fabulous! Ravioli from the Chef complimentary ( truffle sauce) and then my appetizer ( cant recall bcoz drown in red wine.. something in italian sausage...lol) and my bf had the duck ravioli.. amazing bread choices too! the comes the food, i had the lamb which unbelievable better than last lamb I had; braise short ribs was tongue/palette crazy too! Then the dessert was pre- sorbet from the kitchen complimentary then my choice mascarpone cheese cake. Awesome place and will come back again!

2  Thank AleAliceNYC