“Great value, even at this price”
Review of Tamarind - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Park and Broadway
Transit: 6, N/R trains to 23rd Street
Description: Owner Avtar Walia and Executive Chef Raji have come together to open an elegant and modern Indian restaurant with dishes not seen at other Indian restaurants. Children Facilities - No (High Chair or booster seat not available, Strollers must be checked in)
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is a bit more expensive that the average Indian resteraunt, but the rice is perfect;chicken is not dry; nan has moisture ; appetizers are phenomenal.

Overall, some of the best Indian food I've had in a very long time.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I love Indian food and this restaurant really takes it to a new level. Everything is absolutely delicious and the service is great. They have a stone/fire grill type thing to make the bread and naan and you can really taste the difference. I got their lamb saag and it was amazing. It is expensive, but I went for Fathers day so it was a good occasion. I will definitely be returning!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is a reason why tamarind is ranked one of the best if not the best Indian restaurant on this website. My wife and I went here on a Tuesday night for dinner and it was empty, by the time we left, the place was busy.

For appetizers, we ordered the chili crab and aloo tikkey. For dinner 2 kinds of fish and a aloo gobi. The food was very fresh and tasty. A restaurant is not complete without its service and the service at Tamarind was perfect.

I will surely go back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This a great real indian restaurant in NYC. You will have the same flavor as if you were having the food in New Delhi, great place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

First real experience at an Indian Restaurant and it could not have been better! I had the halibut dish that won an award in 2004 and I can definitely see why. My husband had the Rogan Josh with lamb - both were amazing. Appetizers were also wonderful and the service was impeccable. Looking forward to coming back next time we're in New York. This was the best meal of our trip and we've been here five days! Don't miss it and thanks to Tripadvisor for helping us find it.