“Good Food At Reasonable Prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
NYC
“Good Food At Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is a neighbourhood restaurant that serves very good pasta. Actually, pasta is the only food they serve,

The restaurant is only open Monday through Fridays. It is not open weekends. I suspect this is a labour of love. They would make a fortune of they stayed open on the weekend.

It is a small place. They only have about a dozen tables and it is an open kitchen. You can see them do everything. And, everyone who works there is so friendly.

Did I mention that the prices are so very reasonable. It is all pasta. I have so many favourites dishes. And, they have the same specials on different days of the week,

It is just a really great place with really good food.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank cm7872

New York, New York
“Neighborhood Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

I have been eating here for two years at least twice a month and the food never disappoints! Basic pasta dishes are amazing! I recommend the cappellini with meatballs, salsiccia and the spicy tomato sauce! The waitstaff is very friendly and always recognizes us. While delivery can be slow at times, the food is always hot when it arrives! I don't know what I would do without this place!!! :)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

Nice food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's the best soup in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

It's the best soup in town!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York
“Foods Great but they Won't Serve Singles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

I agree with most of the reviews about Lamarca Pasta but I have to relate a recent experience that was very disturbing to me . I was refused service on a Monday evening because I was only one person. Over many years I was a frequent patron of the restaurant, most of the time I went there along with my Mother who lived three doors down the street. While she was in the hospital, I went there for dinner one evening. Four tables were empty but when I asked to be seated, I was refused being told that they would not seat a single person. I 've never heard of such a thing. The following morning I raised this issue with the owner of the restaurant, Joseph Lamarca, who provided no apology for this refusal other to say it was a business decision to maximize his business and offered NO resolution to this problem. I filed a complaint with the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs, the NYC Restaurant Association, and the NYC Office of Human Rights being told that after they each contacted Mr. La!
marca, he remained stubborn and unwilling to resolve this issue. All I can say this is a bad business practice to refuse service to any customer based on being a single customer. I refuse to return to the restaurant and feel that when a eating establishment no matter how good it may be, how friendly the overall staff is, the customer should be treated with professional courtesy even by it business practices as overseen by its owner.

2 Thank MichaelSM