“Great first experience dining in NYC”
Review of Pangea

Pangea
Ranked #4,483 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
warrington
“Great first experience dining in NYC”
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Wonderful first experience at Pangea. Great decor and eclectic vibe. Perfect for a romantic evening out. I Would definately eat there again. I had the Lobster and crab rotolo which was delicious, my wife had the spinach filled ravioli, we both loved our meal. The server was attentive and very friendly very comfortable place without the need to be pretencious. Best deal was that after using a Restaurant.com coupon the bill which including a glass of pinot and a creme brule and samosa appetizer only came to $32 dollars. How can you beat that.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Restaurant's interior & atmosphere is nice. But my friend & I were NOT impressed with the food or...”
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Restaurant's interior & atmosphere is nice. But my friend & I were NOT impressed with the food or service...And we're very easy-going people who love to go out and try different restaurants. Food was so-so. Didn't care for my salmon nicoise salad (I usually love nicoise salad - But not at Pangea b/c it didn't taste anything like a nicoise salad). The chicken samosa was decent. Service was dreadfully SLOW, and the restaurant wasn't even packed that night. Then the entire restaurant "smoked" up for a good half hour b/c they suddenly had a lot of orders for grilled burgers...What happened to ventilation??? My eyes were burning from the smoke. I would NOT recommend or go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice ambiance and good food.”
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Nice ambiance and good food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“lovely atmosphere and really good martinis. the food was good but not great.”
Reviewed December 14, 2007

lovely atmosphere and really good martinis. the food was good but not great.

“the greatest atmosphere...”
Reviewed November 29, 2007

the greatest atmosphere in East Village. Great food, great martinis, warm welcome. Pangea always : - )