“Absolutely worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ABC Kitchen

ABC Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway & Park Avenue South
Transit: L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6 to Union Square
Description: ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible. ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Absolutely worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

We were able to secure a table at ABC Kitchen for dinner, and it was absolutely worth the wait. Apart from the very friendly and proactive staff and the nice vibe, the food was delicious. Crab toast with aioli, roast carrot and avocado salad, fresh cavatelli, and the balck sea bass were only a few of the highlights, so we will definitively be back for more!

Also noteworthy - the team can split dishes on two plates right at the kitchen for those who care to share.

Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Will never meet your expectations...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

High level of expectation. I mean it's a Jean-Georges Vongerichten restaurant. You need a month to get a reservation. And then you have to have a concierge make it a reasonable time. It's going to be stupendous, right?

Well, it was good. But unfortunately, not stupendous. Went with the recommendations. The crab toast was tasty. The tomato toast was tasty. The squash pizza was tasty. The fried chicken was tasty. The lobster was tasty. But it was not memorable by any stretch of the imagination.

Service was just ok. Place was attractive but too loud. Price/value ratio was not where it needed to be.

Too bad -- the expectation set the bar too high.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Love the food. Love the decor. Love the service. And I don't mind that I can't leave the place without spending too much upstairs at ABC Carpets. But I will warn you, a kale salad and gazpacho plus sorbet still landed me in gluten hell...I mean what could possibly have been glutinous in THAT? As healthy a place as it is they must use soy without regard for the downside for those of us who are sensitive.

Paris, France
“Nothing special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Probably I had too high expectations when I heard you need to reserve one month in advance (not my case since I choose to have dinner on Monday night).

The place is very pretty, despite the spider that started crawling up my hand from the moment I sat down. But apart from that, there was nothing special about the place.

I had the tuna starter and the salmon (their main dishes are confusingly named starters in French). The plates were ok, it was just the sauces in which they were prepared that are really really good.

1 Thank Carlos T
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been to ABC Kitchen on several occasions and am impressed each and every time. It continues to surpass my expectation. We walked in without reservations and were promptly seated at a bistro table in the bar area. Without a lot of fuss, the food was fabulous. We had homemade chicken and pork sausage with whole-grain mustard; and kasha with bow-tie pasta, which were creative and delicious. For our main course, we shared the crispy pork confit, which was an interesting rendition of pulled pork, again, excellent. We also shared a side dish of fresh corn with lime and cilantro, which was good but overpriced. Although we didn't have wine, I had a glass of homemade ginger soda. All in all, it was a fabulous meal and I look forward to dining there in the near future.

• Visited August 2014