“Fabulous”
Review of ABC Kitchen

ABC Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway & Park Avenue South
Transit: L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6 to Union Square
Description: ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges: passionately committed to offering the freshest organic and local ingredients possible. ABC Kitchen presents a changing menu that is locally sourced and globally artistic in a fresh and articulate space.
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been to ABC Kitchen on several occasions and am impressed each and every time. It continues to surpass my expectation. We walked in without reservations and were promptly seated at a bistro table in the bar area. Without a lot of fuss, the food was fabulous. We had homemade chicken and pork sausage with whole-grain mustard; and kasha with bow-tie pasta, which were creative and delicious. For our main course, we shared the crispy pork confit, which was an interesting rendition of pulled pork, again, excellent. We also shared a side dish of fresh corn with lime and cilantro, which was good but overpriced. Although we didn't have wine, I had a glass of homemade ginger soda. All in all, it was a fabulous meal and I look forward to dining there in the near future.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Barbru2

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Absolutelty amazing”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

A friend of mine recomended me this restaurant.... what can I say. One of the most delicious dinner I ever try. Pasta and the chicken was delicious. Salad are very small, better try another thing... Is not cheap but I recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“A little too big for their britches ”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Been coming to Manhattan for years and always try the new "in" spots that will satisfy my foodie self. I'm going to keep it short and sweet - ambience is pretty, acoustics suck, it is very loud and you have to yell to hear someone across from you, the food was delicious, I had the lobster and my other mates had salmon and Sea Bass and all enjoyed a good meal, unfortunately good service can make or break a dining experience and one would think with all the completion in the city that the service would be A+ but it was not- at all. Very slow and frankly irritating and we dined on a Wednesday night. I probably won't come back because even though the food was good it didn't wow any of us-

3 Thank 70redbird
little rock arkansas
“Over rated”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We were looking for a special dinner in New York. We usually make a special evening at a place called blue hill where they have farm to table meals and kind of take their food and dining seriously. At blue hill every course is carefully considered and presented. We should have gone there again. I usually stick with the tried and true and should have this time too. I took a recommendation, made a reservation through my hotel (website showed booked but hotel got us right in), and were led into the large all white and very noisy room. It is around the corner from abc home store but sort of visually connected. They seated us next to a table of 30 where the party was standing and carrying on real loudly. Many places would seat such a party in a private room but I guess abc does not have one. They were nice enough to move us. It was still really noisy with no acoustic controls designed in. There were lots of empty tables though many were filled. This is a large place. The waiter kind of rushed us to order - it is touted as fresh, from the farm etc but there were very few vegetable items on the menu . It is an assortment of higher priced ordinary dishes like fried chicken and ravioli and sea bass, and none of our dishes were special in any way. Service had attitude and others may not agree with this complaint but here if is: I was charged for tap water. I sometimes order a bottle of spring water with a nice dinner. So when the server asked if we wanted "still" water I said yes. When it came I noticed that it was in an unlabeled bottle which looked like it was filled at the restaurant. So I asked what the spring was - two waiters then proceeded to tell me that it was water sent through "elaborate filters" - so I said "oh, so this is tap water?" And they proceeded to argue that it was technically not tap water - they seemed seriously annoyed that I was questioning their "elaborate filtering process" and in the end went and found a bottle of spring water at the bar which they poured with a kind of resentment. Ok I am sure some of you could care less about tap vs spring and I understand that. I just have not knowingly been asked to pay for tap water in a restaurant and resented the argumentative attitude of the staff regarding the matter. Dessert was a mediocre piece of cake which could have been made at a grocery store. Bread was four pieces of cold sliced wheat bread I had to ask for twice. All in all a lousy meal for $150 dollars plus tip. Had I been looking for a fun loud evening with old buddies it might have been ok. Serious and really good dining - it's not. Attitude it has got.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jimjade3
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
“Make your reservation TODAY”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

On a recent trip to NYC my family and I made a point of making a reservation for 1:30PM on a Friday afternoon for ABC Kitchen - and they were BUSY - we were a but late after taking the subway to Union Square couldn't exactly get our bearings right away - note that ABC Kitchen doesn't have signage and awnings that scream out at you! We found the place and had a fabulous lunch - which consisted of 2 different pizzas and a turkey sandwich - sampled them all and so yummy - anyone visiting NYC this should be a stop for lunch or dinner - they make awesome fruit drinks as well. The service is top notch and we all can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014